Shrooms. Questions? Comments? [Pics]

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by DiAmOnD RaStA, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Looking for some love or concern, temps @ 80F, these are about 3-4 days old now...
    Dont really know much else because... not me in the pics, just took em! lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ohhh i really need to invest in one of those fool proof shroom kits.

3. why do you have water in the bottom of that? seems liek that water will go stagnant and create germs and shit?

4. He said... for space lol?

...the water isnt touching the jars at all

5. #5 BigOrange², Jan 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2009
    Stagnant water is more prone to contamination, so I highly recommend against it.

If you must go with this setup with the water, at least add hydrogen peroxide to the water.

Drop your temps to about 70F-75F once the jars are fully colonized, and you want to initiate pinning.

To keep humidity up I recommend using the double end casing tek, which is where you dip the end in water, then dip them in dry vermiculite and spray the vermiculite with water to retain humidity within the cake.

www.shroomery.org - Search for "dunk and roll" or "double end casing"

EDIT: What substrate are you using? Vermiculite + brown rice flour?

6. Yeah Verm & brown rice flour...

7. #7 poodog313, Jan 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2009
    interesting ive been reading up on growing and have everything except brown rice flour and vermiculite :mad: so essential. I got me some costa rican syringes...15 empty jars and a tub in tub ready to go. oh yea i need to find myself a cheap pressure cooker but that wont be hard but is probably the most costlyof the supplies

8. You don't necessarily need a pressure cooker. You can do a 3 day boiling sterilization process in which you steam the jars in a large pot for an hour 3 days in a row at the same time.

It's called tyndallization

9. Nice any updates?

10. What strain you got there?

11. Im not sure what strain it is, got it from a buddy... heres what HIS look like and guessing what OURS will look like...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The tote:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. I never really looked into the cultivation of shrooms, but how long does it usually take?

13. Im not sure, im only a partner in this business...

But i mean you could eat those little guys in the tut right now and get fucked up... but theres no need for that lol

14. I liked your hat in the first post.

What/Where are you going to dry your shrooms?

15. Its not me or my hat in the pictures...

My buddy already has a lil thing setup to dry them out

16. Can't wait to get my own place so I can grow some shroomies. Is this complicated?

17. No, but you have to be anal when starting out so you dont fuck anything up

18. #18 Miguel420, Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
    Looks like you and your buddy know what you're doing. The water and heater in the outer tub are just for heat, shouldn't cause any contamination cus it's a separate tub.
    I just have 2 mycobags atm but I've been reading up on growing and hope to get a proper setup in the future

Good luck with your grow, hope you have some good flushes!

Edit: is that a tub in tub...in tub?

19. nice...looks like shop's almost open:D

20. Bummer.