Shrooming my first time- alone

Discussion in 'General' started by metal420, Dec 12, 2006.

1. I want to use shrooms as a way to look inside of myself, not to socialize or anything like that. I've read a ton of information on shrroms before but did any of you try shrooming by yourself the first time you did it and what were your experiences like? What should I prepare or look out for? I want to really just meditate for 5 hours while on shrooms, with some relaxing music in the background.

2. I almost exclusively use psychedelics alone, you should be fine. Just keep yourself busy and go out in nature during a nice day, that's what I'd reccomend. Its fantastic.

3. well, i was with an experienced person and that really helped, but, maybe i let myself go more cause he was there, if you dont dose too high youll be fine, you sound like youve read up on your shit, let us know what you learn :smoking:

as for what to look for, i dont read this part much on trip reports, but i just never know what to do with myself, and i just cant figure out even the easiest things, so id say pic out a movie or something and some tunes and maybe decide to go on a walk or something before hand, otherwise you might end up sitting on your ass the whole time and miss some good fun. oh but ya meditating isnt a bad idea, i just cant recomend nature enough

4. first time i did it was with a buddy so i could actually have somebody there thats experiencing the same thing as me, but i have done them alone once, it was awesome! i felt like i had alot of revealations.

5. Other than weed I've never taken any drug with others. My first (only :( ) shroom trip I was alone and ate an eighth. I had a great time. I also went into the trip excited and ready for anything my mind could have thrown at me. It was a piece of cake :)

6. when i trip im always with people, makes it much funner and much safer too, althogh ive never had a bad trip of any sort, definitly had some out of control ones but never let it get too far, usually when i go home after and if im still trippin slighltly i feel empty n shit jus trippn alone

7. One piece of advice: even though you want to use this trip for self-analysis/spirtual reasons, don't forget to have a little fun. If pyschedelics have taught me anything, its to take myself less seriously and that there is fun and beauty in everything. Take some time in your trip marvel at the world by looking at some pretty colors and talk to an inanimate object until your laughing on the floor.

8. The first time i did shrooms was in a 40,000 people Metal festival at 1am, fun results soon followed :D

9. i muched some shrooms in my room one time alone and it was horrible.. like was trippin and everything normally but i wasnt having fun i was watching cartoons but i didnt like it lol, i couldnt sleep cus the shooms kept me up....very uncomfortable trip.....rather eat em witha good friend or too.. those are the best trips

10. Yea, if I'm alone tripping I feel lost. I always need someone there to share the experience with.

11. you are going to have a different experience one anything depending on if you're alone or with friends, and there are good things to be said for both of them. you've read up on it it apparently and thus you aren't going into it without knowing somewhat to expect...i think you'll be fine by yourself, just watch your dosage.

try to trip so that at some point you can watch the sunset (or rise). that's very beautiful when tripping.

12. If I could give one bit of advice about shrooms, it is this:

Eat the mushrooms using a method of masking the taste, whatever you feel is best, but I enjoy shroom peanut and butter sandwiches. As soon as you are done eating, smoke a bowl. It really helps the trip, you get high from the pot, and as you are peaking on the pot, the shrooms start kicking in, it works out really well. Also, it helps with nausea because some times its hard to keep shrooms down.

I also agree with pretty much everyone thats saying you should trip with others your first time, when you are tripping you will wish you were with people to talk about your tripping.

13. Yeah if you do them alone just prepare yourself with everything you'll need before hand. If you are staying inside make yourself a little nest of blankets for comfort, mood lights, set up a music playlist so you don't have to mess with it mid-trip. maybe some water and crackers, pens and paper for drawing and writing, clay if you want to sculpt (perfect shrooming activity). And as silly as it sounds toys. some times I get fidgety and need to occupy my mind externally for a few minutes. if you got some sort of children's toy that is colorful or can be manipulated, it'll be really fun while tripping. Avoid television and movies. Oh and even if you don't anyone sitting with you, tell someone you're tripping beforehand in case you need/want to call someone. Your gibberish won't freak them out then. explore and have fun.

14. ^^^ definitely have some cool toys handy

tripping is just like experiencing everything like you did as a little child - everything looks cool and every experience is new and unique

the feeling i remember best from my first trip (lsd) was when i stood up for the first time after peaking to walk to the bathroom. it was pretty hard to walk and i had this feeling of having been reborn and having to learn all of these skills like walking again

15. So taking a hiking trip in the woods is good for a shroom trip?

16. Oh yeah, the last time I did them a few of us went down into the coulees and wandered around in the trees to smoke a joint. Being out in nature provides a veritable shitload of stimulus to entertain you. Personally, I was a fan of what I called the "wiggly bushes"...:D

I hope to do more camping this year, and that seems like the perfect trip opportunity so I'm gonna munch fungus like crazy.