Shrooming my first time: Advice please !!

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by DaN Th3 WeeD, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Here where I live in South Africa shrooms are extremely rare. I have been asking around for 3 years and yesterday I finally find a guy who can sell me some. I want to trip alone on the shrooms in the comfort of my bed watching some movies with the lights out( I dont want my parents to know Im staying up most of the night. Not that Im not allowed to, its just that I dont want to start acting weird around them if they decide to check up on me for some reason). This is not my first time using drugs, Ive been smoking differnt strains of weed for almost a year now. I read that you can have a bad trip from shrooms. But what I want to know is what are my chances of tripping bad ? In all the times Ive smoked weed Ive NEVER had a bad experience. No panic or anxiety attacks or anything emotional or frightenig has ever happend to me while stoned. I also love playing horror games while very high like F.E.A.R 2 and Doom 3 and Ive never been uncontrollably frightened or anything and I always enjoyed playing those games while high. I get very paranoid while high, but I enjoy the paranoia( as strange as that sounds). I am also capble of controlling myself very well if I have to when Im high. What I want to know is would it be fine tripping in my bedroom ? Im not scared at all of trying shrooms and Im prepared for the weird effects and a possible bad trip. And If I do have a bad trip, really how bad can it be ?

2. Well, how many shrooms are you getting?

3. how bout you meditate and learn somthing about yourself. it is an interverted drug.

4. Well maybe 7 grams. I want to start of with one or two grams.

5. you can have a very baddd tripp/ you might not even remember parts of it after its over.... have sombody watch you kid. it will take your emotions and increase them by 1000 times. if your horny you will start fucking shit. if your sad you will start crying. if your happy you will feel enlightened. if you freak out... well, shit will go crazy. BE SMART!! IT IS NOT BUD! ITS A STRONG FUCKING DRUG. this is coming from a friend with personal experience. just be responsible :eek:

6. But what I would like to know is if im likely to have a bad trip in the environment I want to do it in ? Even if I just meditate ?

7. in all honesty. it sounds like a way to get a bad tripp.
    you need a secure enviroment with somebody watching you. especially sense its your first time. just in case things get wild.

8. Lol I thought just chiling in my room would be safe. But how bad can a bad trip affect you ? Will I start shaking or going cold every time I think about the bad trip ? Will the trip be so bad that I wont ever want to touch another drug ever again ? Ive been wanting to try shrooms for so long now.

9. Thanx for the advice. Ive been wanting to try shrooms for a long while. But say I only do the shrooms when Im feeling at my best, when I have no worries on my mind at all. Will then my chances of having a good trip be much better ? Or doesnt it make a difference ?

10. out of 10 trips ive only had good ones. except the ending of my first time. as i ate a shit ton. and everything was like a dream. to me the only bad trip part is that, that first time. i diddnt know if i was dreaming as i would be in one place and turn up somewhere else 2 seconds later. basically losing huge tracks of time. it was fun at first... but then i thought.... i was considering... maybe i ate a bad shroom and am actually in a hostpital bed. but that wasnt the case. i was just un experienced and diddnt know how to cope. just dont think that way and post pics of your shrooms for a varification. i can help you verify that they are legit. just have fun. put on some good tunes. movies may not be the best but you feel like you are the music. it ingulfs you and makes you one with the rythm. again. just have fun and dont stress it. once you ingest them bad boys, your on for a 6-8 hour trip.

Good vibes my man.

11. you more than likely will not have a bad trip. i hear a lot of people typically only have bad trips when making tea. i know that can be an understatement as its the same active vhemical just ingested in a different manner. but maybe theres somethin to it. just enjoy it. thats all you can do. ride it out.

12. the state of mind will influence the whole tripp. your intentions for the tripp will effect it. the enviroment will effect it. mushrooms make some people nauseous when coming up. that will effect it. cinnamon can help settle your stomach. take some before you tripp.

---
    you cant tripp then eat more and tripp again. it will not work. eat all the mushrooms you intend to eat at once. wait a week or two then tripp again if you please.

13. i have to disagree here. i tripped 3 days in a row, the first night i took a lot. next time i took less and still had a phenomenal trip. the time after that was the same.

14. chill. im just saying you cant eat mushrooms tripp 5 hrs then eat more right then and tripp another 5 hrs straight. for a total of 10 hrs straight. or should i say my body will not let me do that. i had 15 g dry, tripp 5 hrs then had another 18 g to tripp again and it was a waste. maybe i just needed to wait 24 hrs?

15. Agree with this guy, my tolerance to shrooms builds like nothing else, I have to wait at least 2 weeks between each trip, or it's not as powerful.

16. im not sure man. because the first time i tripped i came home and ate another couple gs after i was down. and my walls started breathin all over again and it kicked in much faster. maybe its different for everyone.

17. My advice.

1) You are killing part of the experience by staying locked up in your room at night with all of the lights off. The joy of Shrooms is to be able to interact with the world with different perception

2) If you start with 2 grams that might be a good start, but you CANNOT compare weed to psychedelics. Weed is more of a body feeling. Psychedelics are MIND ALTERING. Weed will alter inhibitions a little, but if you have some self control you'll be able to perform just about any task. On Shrooms, the way you think about everything will be changed, which leads me to...

3) I would not do Shrooms with my parents in the house. I have self-control generally when I'm fucked up on something, and it was damn near impossible to think straight on Shrooms. You could very well end up doing some stupid shit, because it's THAT big of a life changer.

If you got any friends, I'd just take it with one of them watching. That or wait one day until your parents leave the house for a reasonable amount of time, get comfortable, put on some chill music, and enjoy yourself.

For me the peak effects with all of the visuals, and the spiritual awakening and whatnot were during about the first 2 hours and half hours. You make it that far, the rest is a cake walk. You'll just get small visuals and tracers once the peak effects wear off, though you'll have a very noticable body high, and it'll feel awkward to move around

18. Alot of your trip is controlled by the environment. Thats key

Turn your phone off and listen to chill, positive music like reggae, id suggest the Marleys. Stay positive and just remember that it really is all in your head. Dont try to control the trip, if something bad happens change the environment not the mindset. As long as you understand what your getting yourself into and really have a want to try them you will be fine with a gram maybe more. Have fun and hopefully everything goes great

19. dude i seriously recommend that you dont eat the shrooms by yourself for the first time until you know how it effects you. I would have a friend stay over or something, And fyi, i seriously seriusly doubt, if the shrooms are any good, you will be able to watch tv lol You will most likely be laughing your head off and it is always soo much more fun having someone trip with you anyways, but you should also have some one there thats not trippin since it your first time. More than likely you will love it, but just as a precaution have someone there. Its a completely diff experience then smokin weed. But a fun one! My husband and I will sit and laugh and laugh its great

If you do have a bad trip it could be very bad. It akes people do a lot of weird things and do things that could be potentially harmful to themselves and other people, because they freak out and lose complete touch with reality. This more then likely wont happen though. Just do it when you're having a great day and are in a really good mood. Maybe try meditating a little like some people have said. But I cannot stress enough I dont think its a good idea to do it by yourself the first time. If it oes well the first time then have at it the next time!:D