shroom weights dry wet did i get a deal or is this wet weight

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by IlikeTV08, Dec 12, 2009.

1. so i bought 4 1/8ths each one weighs 14 grams.

they're not totally dry but they dont really feel wet, just kinda rubbery, and they are firm.

so wtf are these things going to weigh when they dry? how do i dry them?

im just gonna stick em in the fridge for a day or 2 and eat em / give some away.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. those will be rotten by tommorow. You better get a fan blow on them to start drying them out.

3. ^ Yes get a fan. Those look completely un-dried. They typically retain 1/10th the wet weight. So 1.4 dry for 14 wet.

4. i hope u didnt pay alot for those...

but like they said, u need to dry emm

5. how much would you say they're worth?

anyways heres the setup.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

hows this look?

how fast should the fan be set on, i have it on slow. besides that theres fast.

slow is pretty fast though

6. If you dry those, they look legit.

Friggin' guys said they'd get me some "zooms" tonight... but nope, all talk... all talk.

I hope you get to enjoy those, man.

7. when would a 8th ever weigh 14 grams?

an 8th is roughly 3.5 grams sir

8. well an 8th of shrooms is referring to dry weight, these are wet, i think it should work out fine...

9. Shrooms are 10% dry of what they are wet, or near that.

Your drying setup is good, as much air that can pass the better. That for sure looks like an 8th+ just based on how much is there and how much I see in my normal 8ths.

And those don't look too bad, kinda young but pretty good. Have fun my friend!!

10. #10 demonkinsin, Dec 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2009
    If each eighth is 14g wet, 1.4 dry, then your eighths are morel like dubs. So you pay for a half o and end up with 5.6

11. I'm interested to see how much those things dry out, cuz that certainly looks like a half o worth of caps. haha but if theres one thing i've learned about mushies its that looks can be decieving :p. have fun with those things

12. i could be wrong but from the looks of it each of those piles should weigh out to be about an 8th each after the drying is done.

13. I think the 10% rule is close when they're freshly picked, but like he said they are just a little rubbery so i doubt he'll lose that much. Nice pickup.

14. Obviously you guys have never seen shrooms wet and then the same ones dried. They shrink ALOT. You got burned if you payed more then $10 each.

15. k so i had them under the air all night then this morning i wrapped them paper towels again and put them in my fridge.

i just took em out and they're a lot drier than the previous pictures.

they're really shriveled up and they weigh about 3.2 now.

Ive eaten shrooms before but have never had to care for them like i had to this time.

I am no expert by any means so thanks for all the help.

shroom current status. How do these look?
    [​IMG]

16. 3.2 grams each 8th?

17. yeahhhhh

18. damn that ain't actually too bad. you know they're fresh and not a single missing cap. haha enjoy looks like it turned out to be a nice pickup

19. Tip: The weight of drying mushrooms means nothing.

If they break when you bend them awesome and have a great trip man. If they bend there's still moisture. Leave them right up against a fan for another day to be safe. Until they break (though this might not be possible depending on your RH).