Shroom Growing

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by B-unted, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Interested in growing some mushrooms, whats the most effective way to growing mushrooms? Kits? I have no idea what im doing

2. Don't bother buying a kit, they are way overpriced. The easiest way is to use the PF tek, or better known as the BF tek. Check out mushroom growing made easy on youtube or www.mushroomvideos.com, which is pretty much the best resource for growing. The Shroomery is an awesome community for shrooms and if you want to buy spores, go through Ralph's Spores. They're legal in most states.

3. Go to Pandoras with this,

There is only one way, with jars, its called something TEK,

Growing shrooms is a LOT easier than growing marijuana, no smell, quicker harvests, in time huge harvests, very little cost.

[ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3286686859329905674"]Mushroom Growing Made Easy[/ame]

That video is very good, will tell you most of what you have to know.

4. i've seriously been considering this since mushrooms are so damn hard to come by for me. only problem is i really doubt i'd be able to do it successfully.

5. shroomery growers section - google it

6. I don't have any interest in growing mushrooms, but out of curiosity, is it possible to somehow fuck up a batch of homegrowns and somehow make them dangerous or poisonous or something?

7. they are technically poisonous anyways, but you would probably fail to grow them before you somehow contaminated them.

8. In most cases, like the ones you would encounter, the contamination would be visible and you would know not to eat it. Just do a lot of research at the provided links, and if you're worried, just post pictures and have the experts decide for you.

9. I don't agree with your post. Firstly, you can do it without jars as a lot of people do. Secondly, a tek is just a technique and I can't tell whether or not you were implying that to grow mushrooms you have to use The Tek or that when growing mushrooms you have to use a tek. There are actually multiple tek's, such as the Wizard tek, the BF tek, etc.

Another thing: I think that growing pot is actually easier than mushrooms. With mushrooms there is a large chance of contamination depending on which tek you use. Albeit, there is no smell which is good and it IS a lot cheaper. It is easier to be more stealthy with shrooms.

10. #10 eleven357, Jan 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2009
  11. its .org my friend. and no linkage allowed!

12. Can you grow magic mushrooms by doing it how they do in that video the BF Tek?

13. Well whatever, they obviously have DNS forwarding setup for other possible extensions. .com will still take you there.

Plus they aren't a competing site, therefore I can link them.

14. #15 MisterPlow, Jan 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
    Yes i believe so. You just need the spores of a magic mushroom. psylocibin cubensis is most common. Pretty sure they ship legally to US but not sure where to get them.

15. www.shroomery.org

ask there; not here. there are a few blades that grow their own shrooms, but I can't remember them off the top of my head, and I haven't seen them post in a while

16. I've grown a few batches of shrooms, But all I can really say is go to www.shroomery.org and follow someones Tek step by step. It will require quite a bit of effort to set up, but once you have the mycelium grown it basically takes care of itself.

17. Sterilization is the key to growing them,check out spores 101.Theyre legit and they ship in plain envelopes with bubble wrap inside.100 % legal in most US states.

18. When you build your grow chamber my suggestion is to look up the specs for a double tub, you don't have to worry about opening up for gas exchange or hydrating, it's pretty well self contained.

My other suggestion is to make sure you dry them properly, the easiest way is if you have a hidden area out back that gets sunlight, just lay them out for a bit. They should not be able to bend at all when they're completely dry, they'll just break. My first time I didn't dry them all the way and they ended up getting all moldy and nasty.

19. Don't go with spores 101. They're bad news. Go with ralph's spores. The Shroomery has a sponsors section, and everyone on there is good.