Showing Sex At Day 2 Of Flowering

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by blood_on_snow, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Hello. I started growing seriously back in september of 06. I've had a few good harvests since then, and although not a guru, I like to think of myself as somewhat experienced with growing.

Recently, I started my first all clone grow, and it's going very well save for a few short plants (over stressed I guess). I love having all female plants and having such a nice even canopy, and having a chance to perfect a nurtrient solution for one plant rather than many. I'll definatly be going with all clones from now on.

My concern, however, is not the height of my plant(s) or the nutrients I feed them, but their early sexing. In the past when I grew from seed my plants would take atleast a week to show signs of gender, usually longer depending on the plant. Now two days (two days!) after switching from 18/6 to 12/12 all the plants have white pistils coming out of almost every node.

I think this must be a hormone thing, because their mother was revegged after being harvested. Still, I've never heard of a plants showing signs this early.

Have I hit the jackpot, is their a problem, or is it nothing to concern myself over at all?

2. I don't think there's any concern at all.
    Do you remember if the mother plant showed signs of sex early? ..maybe it's just in the genes?

3. plants can show sex while in veggie;)

no concerns at all mate, happy growing:smoking:

4. Thanks guys, I was wondering for a while there.