Showed female after 1st 12 hr dark period.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by FuzzyNugget, Mar 13, 2007.

1. I have a strange question. I have never heard of this, but I'm relatively new to growing. I've done alot of reading and this will be my 2nd grow, 1st harvest if things go well. We planted a single seed from a bag of really good nug we bought, supposedly G-13 but you never know, ya know? Anyways it's been in soil for 3 months now and it's had its struggles, one involving the rotating brush on a vacuum cleaner. We won't get into that now. Anyways, it survived and though it's been a bit yellow over the last few weeks, we're working on the ph to get it back up. Fish emulsion is bad news people. So we finished light-proofing our flowering closet yesterday and put her and our healthiest white widow in there to start flowering last night. Well I climbed in there after work today and she has pistols showing. Our last grow ended up as a sausage fest so I know what to look for in the male sexing department. My worry is that because she happened to show so early, she may be a hermaphrodite? I only assume it's possible because I know very little about them. I was hoping someone could shine a little light on my curious situation.

2. Don't worry man, my plants show sex while they're still in veg, and if not by then, then for sure after the 36 hours dark period I put them in the first night of flower.

3. Yeah don't worry my buddys plants show sex at the 5th node while in veg and no hermies

4. i hate sausage festivals.

5. you using a hps? the 2700k spectrum and 18/6 hour lighting, especially on a late veg can instigate flowers before even 12/12 happens. should be fine, enjoy!

6. yeah preflower.....Congrats on the girl!!