Should we celebrate Bin Laden's death?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Amanda Spelling, May 3, 2011.

1. I'm not saying he was a good person or even worthy of living a happy life, nor that what he did should be excused or dimmed down. I'm saying that, in my own opinion, I believe it's wrong to celebrate another human being's death. I think it's more efficient and better for the well-being of this planet to celebrate life and love and happiness, rather than death and destruction.

2. It's time to overthrow the government!!

:bolt:

3. You can stereo-type me all you want, but I guess that just makes you a stereotype-calling-Canadian asshole? I'm not going to argue because I'm on an internet board and the fact is you don't know me. I won't bother telling you how much I stray away from being a typical obnoxious assclown American. But I have strong feelings for the war and terrorism and believe that Osama was a terrible man. In the kindest way put I am glad he's dead. End

4. Yet you live in a country constantly at war/terrorizing other countries? Oh the irony :rolleyes:

5. #85 Infamousnj69, May 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Lmao. I'm beginning to understand why everyone hates Americans besides Americans.

6. I'm American, and I hate Americans....:wave:

7. the thing is he was one of the worst people in the world lol i feel you tho

im not even happy like that
    I feel like it was a job that needed to be don and now it is.. move on to the next on the list

8. i agree. i think celebrating the dudes death is fucked up. i hated him but death isnt something to celebrate like that.

9. lets put it this way, I wouldnt be against laughing at a Bin Laden headshot joke

10. He never existed any-ways. I didn't celebrate when Patrick Bateman killed Paul Allen, because Paul was a fictional character, see?

11. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

I never met the guy, so I can't honestly say.

12. Why wouldn't you celebrate he is the reason so many Americans had died in this war, he is the reason we don't have the twin towers anymore. Thousands of innocent people died because of his bullshit. Fuck is wrong with you man? You're not going to be happy that a good chane in the world has happened? I'm guessing you don't give a shit about anybody but yourself.

13. Wake up bro, our government has killed way more innocents than the measly 3000 that 9/11 did.

Ps. Osama is not the reason for the Iraq war, ya know - the war all of our soldiers are dying in.

It's not that we don't give a shit, it's just that we aren't ignorant to the truth. Actually you must be the one that only cares about himself if you think 3000 Americans lost is more of a tradgety than 100000+ civilians killed overseas by our soliders.

14. #95 Vyndian, May 6, 2011
    I knew we killed innocent people but that number is probably stretching the story, what i'm trying to tell op is pretty much, one of our greatest enemies has fallen. We should be happy about this, why? Al-khaeda could retreat or not, but Osama is dead and I'm happy about that. Just as if they'd be happy if Obama died.

15. someone posted a quote from MLK in another thread that pretty much sums up my opinions on this:

Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that. Hate multiplies hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness in a descending spiral of destruction. So when Jesus says "Love your enemies," he is setting forth a profound and ultimately inescapable admonition. ... The chain reaction of evil — hate begetting hate, wars producing more wars — must be broken, or we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation.

16. #97 Lacrossefire9, May 8, 2011
    Fist I suggest that everyone watch the movie restrepo, it's on netflix instant. That movie is extremely moving and shows you what the war is really like for our soldiers. DONT WATCH IT HIGH! it'll freak you out.
    This is so true, thank you for posting it. The American government kills people every day but al queda only gets an American once in a while, the news doesnt report all the civilian deaths that occur daily. Yes I'm very sorry for the American lives that are lost but I'm just as upset, if not more by the civilians in the middle east. The soldiers new what they were getting into but the civilians didnt have a choice.

17. He probally smoked bud to.

18. It's up to you personally whether to celebrate or not. At least this country offers the option to do so...

My two cents. No you shouldn't celebrate. I am glad he is no longer, his violence should not be allowed to exist in this world. However, I will never celebrate the death of a person. I understand how faulty genetics combined with a specific upbringing can create a sick and twisted human being. His judgment day has come and it is up to a higher being to now decide his fate.

19. What I dont fucking get is...how come I can see Sadamm Hussein's dead brother's faces on the news, all bloody like. Saddam's hanging video partially shown on tv. And also the full version on the internet. But OBL get his shit tossed in the water right away to get rid of all the evidence? Shady Bizzzzzzzzzz