Should we celebrate Bin Laden's death?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Amanda Spelling, May 3, 2011.

1. Yea the terrorist attacks on the US and US embassy's had nothing to do with the war:rolleyes:

2. Would you mind going into a little more detail? I'm not sure which attacks you are reffering to exactly.

3. Bin Laden has been involved in terrorist activity since 1992 that we know of many attacks are known to have him involved in some way..The US has had beef with Bin Laden for a long time and the Clinton administration was the first to go after him 9/11 seems to of put the US over the edge because it was such a shock and emotional thing for everyone..i cant just sit here and name off places hes attacked but a little research will get you a long way..implying that no attacks have occurred is just ignorant

4. #64 ThatFriendlyGuy, May 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Mannn canada is fucking awesomee. They dont really do anything. No propaganda and no bullshit. Everyone is soo nice. Cops barely care for weed. And pretty much everyone smokes pot haha. Come to ontario if you decide to move. Somewhere near the toronto missisauga region. You will not regret. We got every race of people and we all get along. Its just a superfriendly place to live. You wont regret it.

5. I'm aware that Osama and his terrorist activity. But the major war we have been waging for the past 10 years had been in Iraq. We went to Iraq in search of WMD's, which not suprisingly we never found (but we got plenty of oil). Bush decided to bomb Iraq after 9/11 because he knew the sheeple would think that 9/11 and Iraq somehow had a connection. Iraq did NOT attack us.

6. How industrialized is Canada? It makes me sick to look around and see all of the trees being cutdown and replaced by factories. America used to be such a beautiful place (before the colonies got here) and now it's been turned into a giant shopping mall (kudos to G. Carlin :D)

7. al queda was in iraq and iraq had a very corrupt goverment plus our intelligence was saying we had reason to believe that they had WMDs..do u want to take the chance on them having them and using them against us? invading was the right choice at the time but i do think the war has been stretched out for far too long. and yes of course oil had a factor in the war we are an oil based economy so you gatta do what u gatta do

8. Our 'intelligence' could very well have made that shit up just to invade Iraq in order to get oil. I'm not trusting them, and again it was no suprise to many people when no WMD's were found.

And the thing about oil is our gov steals SO much of it, yet we continue to be told that there is an oil crisis? What a bunch of shit. The US gov has lied about so many things, I have a really hard believing anything that they say. And I think I am justified in doing so.

9. #69 ThatFriendlyGuy, May 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    We got malls but only like a couple. You drive for half an hour and you can get loads of forest. Theres forest everywhere. And the neighbor hoods are nice too. Theres not alot of industrialization but just enough to make everything enjoyable and nice. There is nothing you CANT do in ontario. Skiing in winter to waterskiing in the summer. Paintballing to rock climbing. Man we have everything. And there are fat people but mostly everyone is decently sized. Not everyone is supper overweight that they cant even walk like america.

10. governments lie about everything and the only people who know the truth is the government the only thing we as citizans can do is try to piece it together and decide what we want to believe and dont want to believe based on logic and facts..and yea the oil crisis is such bullshit we get massive amounts of oil from the middle east and canda(if im not mistaken) plus offshore drilling and we have huge oil deposits in states like alaska, the dakotas and montana that we should have plenty of oil for a long time..

11. Al Qaeda was not in Iraq when we invaded. In fact, Al Qaeda in Iraq did not form until 2003 and it was in response to the invasion of Iraq. Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi, the founder of Al Qaeda in Iraq whom we later killed, traveled from Afghanistan and started a new network. They were not there when we invaded and the invasion had nothing to do with them.

That being said, I'm glad Osama took one to the head. That's one less mass murderer in the world.

12. #72 Inthedirt4good, May 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2011
    Staying on topic, question is should we celebrate Bin Laden's death. We all celebrate in different ways.

I enjoy sharing and listening to others opinions even when i feel as though they oppose my own.

Yes we should celebrate Bin Laden's death. Celebrating Bin Laden's death isn't a free pass to act like an asshole. He was responsible for mass murder. Directly, indirectly, who cares the result is the same. So without a far stretch of the imagination Al Queda claimed responsibility for 911 and other significant world wide attacks and that makes their leader culpable.

If Bin Laden ever wanted to disassociate himself from Al Queda he certainly could have checked himself in for a little feature altering plastic surgury, shaved the iconic beard, and enrolled in Pakistan's equivalent of community college to become something like a x-ray technician or a dental assistant.

He did not. His very presence inspires some to do harm to others. How long are you willing to bend over and spread your cheeks in order to respect another persons human rights?

i'm sorta done with this, if you don't get it then you never will. sorry

13. #73 BataviaDEADHEAD, May 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2011
    Yeah because Osama was the sole conspirator on that one. Hes small fries compared to the ones we should really be after. Like the ones that havent been in solitary hiding for a decade, the ones with nuclear weapons and armies...yeah....

Edit: on topic, no. No sane, emotionally stable person should CELEBRATE someones death. Thats not natural for humans. Be relieved, yeah, but celebrate? No.

I honestly have lost sight at who the "bad guys" are. I think we're just as bad...

14. Whats the point of celebrating. New York a has "high security" alert and shit. We're still gonna be in Afghanistan. And if anything they'll use his death has a reason to go apeshit all over lol. And the media makes it worse by acting like a bunch of pussies.

15. GAH!!!! I'm so tired of this! "Liberals are ruining our country" "Conservatives are ruining our country". NOO!!!! No single political party or viewpoint is ruining America. The downfall of this country has been going on for many, many years, and both parties have contributed! Are you seriously trying to say the source of all our troubles can be traced to a political belief opposite your own? Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, every party is trying to blame the others and it's not helping any of our problems! If you want to make this country better then stop blaming other people and go out there and fix it!

16. That reason alone makes me depise our gov. I mean, people are struglling to put food on the table for their family and these outrageous gas prices make like even harder for them.

17. Go ahead and feel happy. Just don't stoop down so low to celebrate in the streets.

18. For real, there is a grand illusion that you have a choice, you don't. The president is just a puppet so no new 'regime' will change much. And at least liberals support freedom in a time where it seems we are becoming less and less free each day.

19. I've lost respect for a lot of people who celebrate his death. I mean, I dont think it's kosher to have a party and rejoice because someone had died, no matter what the issue. To be honest, I've also lost a lot of respect for our country as a whole, it just seems like were in a vengeful country, which goes against everything we believe in. Revenge is a sin, and karma is a bitch.

20. People are ridiculous... Throwing party's for a man dieing? Very pathetic... No matter who it is.

I believe our government did 9/11 but even If they didn't then Our nation has killed so many more innocent people either way... And what justifies that? The killing of one person?

Down with the gov... We need to show them they can't walk all over us... We need to show them that we still have hope in ourselves And we won't eat there bullshit there shoving down our mouths....