Should stop the hate

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by CLKWRK, Aug 4, 2011.

1. haha , I think those who hate on different types of music should stop complaining and start making some music of their own, since they are so knowledgeable in what is considered good or bad music. Those people should know how to make the most mind blowing music ever~!:D And it would probably only take them 5 seconds or less to make a one hit wonder, because it's so easy! Well, for them anyways, because they are professionals when it comes to music :laughing:

2. Fuck that shit, I'm a playa hater
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nr0q28M5nI"]‪Chappelles Show Playa Haters Ball‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

3. #23 abanks1, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I like sampling when used in creative ways. Idk what type of music you like/listen to, but look up "shanty town" by Mr. Scruff that's a great example of creative sampling in my opinion. I think it takes a lot of work to get the timing and soundof samples right.

4. Did you know music recording programs like Pro Tools HD 9 and Logic Pro 9 among others have a feature called quantization where you can, lets say for this example, play a horrible beat on an electronic drum set, press quantization, define if you want 8th notes or 16ths and it perfectly lines it up. ;)

5. No I didn't know about that, but its really cool. Still, I feel that it takes work. The artist still has to find the samples he/she wants to use...there's a lot of stuff out there to dig through.

6. Except pop. I really don't understand, it takes the least talent to make (that's not opinion, that's fact) and so many people listen to it. I dont get it. They're all brainwashed.

7. The only time i bash on other genres is when someone is playing their music out loud, i cant stand that; and wiggers , they get on my nerves, i mean Ok fine , you listen to rap but do you you have to be an asshole to everybody, because you think your cool; im gonna get alot of hate from this, but flat bill hats look retarded IMO, if i see someone wear one, i instantly think its some retarded wigger , who has behavioral problems

8. Why is that facepalm? It does take the least talent to make. You don't have to be able to sing, you just synth it. You don't need lyrics of any meaning. You just need a beat (which most of the artists don't make themselves) and need a connection, and it will be top of the charts.

9. True. Example: Rebecca Black.
    The only good thing about her music is it can be made fun of well!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi00ykRg_5c]‪Death Metal Friday‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

10. If it's so easy, why don't you make a pop song that will make it to the top of the charts. It'll only take a professional like yourself a few seconds to make ,and BAM! you got your self a cool million dollars:cool:

Here, I'll even get you started with a beat maker :D

JamStudio.com - Create Music Beats - The online music factory - Jam, remix, chords, loops

Your half way there bro :)

11. heya, i think i know where you are coming from. im pretty sure ive met someone like you before, you believe playing an instrument or singing, is the only way to express emotion through sound, am i close?
    if this is not so i have lost the definition of music somewhere. let me guess, that you would say there is no human emotion in computer/electronically generated music also? i think i know where this is going...

12. Original electronica music is great. Take Above & Beyond for example: amazing lyrics with pretty good background music..but that is as far as I draw the line. All of these modern day pop artists don't even WRITE their own songs let alone actually have talent. The talented individuals are the audio engineers, writers and producers that make it all happen. The artist is merely a puppet.

13. sorry you were talking about quantization a minute ago, that is a part of music production. not part of being a pop star. I seem to have missed what you are talking about

14. Ok, while there is some truth is your statement, you can't generalize a whole genre like that. That's why i had to facepalm you. I can't stand it when people do that. There are actually some good pop musicians, believe it or not. They make their own music/lyrics and actually have talent. Forget about the radio, that is shit music imo, if you want good pop music check out The Weepies, Apples in Stereo, The Submarines, jason mraz, the shins, Beach Boys, the beatles, the animals, Love, etc... I know you could classify all of those artists as 'indie', but by definition they do technically make 'pop' music, especially the later, which made pop music in the 60's.

All I'm saying is you can't generalize a genre just cause you've only heard a faction of what is out there.

15. #35 theIllucid, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2011
    anyway, im the noob here, dont want to get off on the wrong foot!! haha sorry for jumping to a conclusion there..

i am a dnb composer but i love alot of music - funk, metal, rock, classical, dub/ragga

its all good, anyway i like this topic and i do get very annoyed when i hear people speaking out against certain genres (especially in form of preaching) everyone has a different set of ears and a different brain, some sounds relax people some sounds aggravate people.

oh yeah and ghost while i completely agree in a detest of pop music ( for me, its lack in originality and perspective depth) it still takes great technical skill (and musical knowledge) to write and as said already, you wouldnt be able to do it otherwise you would be rich.

16. I will devour dubstep and any dance music with elements of hardstyle.:devious:

Too bad this tree will have to hold its head up high bearing the fruit of a hollow boast.

17. When I record my drum tracks and friend's guitar tracks, I never use quantization. I actually believe in practicing at an instrument and playing that part in one whole take. Not playing it half assed in multiple takes and pasting together the best parts and putting quantization.

18. pop music is a whole different ball game now tho... i love the beatles... i dont love lady gaga

19. hehe you are so like my old tutor who got fired, are you actually tim bazell?

20. I don't think I know you. I just get mad when people use all this studio equipment to make their music sound "good" but then live they have to rely on dancing and other things because their performance would suck major, major balls..:p

(talking about mainstream pop artists)