Should my plant be flowering already?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by doobie21, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Whats up. My pineapple is looking beautiful, thriving, about 3.5ft tall. Its mid august and i do not see signs of flowering should i be concerned? Also i only have a few more feet of grow room before it may become visible so does this strain stretch alot in flowering? Any suggestions? I think its too late to top.

2. Depends on where you are. Where you live will determine when the days sunlight becomes less than twelve hours. This is when most strains begin flower. 

So when the days are longer than twelve hours the plant will stay in its vegetive cycle. As soon as the days get shorter, flowering begins as an attempt to preserve itself via seed production, before the winter frost kills it.

3. An actual 12/12 light cycle means nothing when outside. The plant can tell it's time to flower after the longest day of summer and it will do so when ready. Natural light is around 12/12 near the end of September and your girl should be getting close to done by then.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Actually most plants begin to flower when there is under 14 hours of daylight. You take off 30 minutes for twilight in the morning and 30 minutes at night and that is 13 hours of light. So plants really do flower at about 12/12

Op find out when your city is gonna get less then 14 hours of daylight. Thats when your plants will probably begin showing flowers. But every strain is different so you gotta just let it go and see what happens.

I'm not growing pineapple so idk if that strain will stretch. It probably won't stretch too much because you are growing outdoors but if it gets too close to the fence just LST her down.