Should legal age for recreational marijuana be 18 or 21?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by 2packush420, Jun 21, 2013.

don't mistake being allowed to be in the same room with or ride in, as being in charge of, a billion dollar anything....you were an 18 year old kid...nobody is going to put you in charge of a billion dollar plane...they may let you stand guard or work on a part of it UNDER supervision, but you were never in charge.

2. You should have to take a mental compentancy test first. With particular emphasis on common sense...have they developed a common sense test yet?

3. #43 nomoredoubts, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2013
    A friend of mines Mother is really relaxed about weed and unmentionables, she basically told him as a teenager you can do what you want as long as you do it in the house and don't go silly, also he had to tell her exactly what he was taking.

Fast forward 10 years and this guy is one of the most sensible people I know, he does not drink well very rare and in very small amounts, he does not do drugs and just has a smoke once or twice a week.

Most parents including mine were constantly saying NO DON'T do drugs well guess what we all rebelled and done them all in style and some are a walking wreck now but some have learned and calmed down but the moral of the story is its best to be cool with your kids, educate them, don't force everything on them and they will listen a lot more, if something is no longer a taboo then it is no longer cool or appealing.

This is imho is the only way to do things, I would never loose my temper if I found out my kids done weed or other things never, its the worst possible way to deal with this matter, I personally have learned from my out of touch parents and would basically do everything opposite to what I was taught, sounds harsh but thats the truth folks.

And 18 is just fine, 16 even as long as their educated fully on the matter.

4. Teaching moderation and safety beats out abstinence every time in my book. 

5. 18+. But 16+ if parents approve.

6. i say 18 for sure if your old enough to serve the country you should be old enough to drink and smoke but unfortunatley alot of people see marijuana worse than boose either way if the rest of the country decides to legalize it itll be a win

7. I'd say 21 just for the reason that it will probably be viewed more favorably in the public eye and be easier to pass as a bill

8. It should be 25. 

9. In some cases sure...

However my job was plane handling...taxing aircraft on a tight ass flight deck without supervision.
    I get where your coming from though.

10. 18, Because you can basically get everything you need at that age like Pipes, etc. There's no point in putting it off, because we all know the black market will still run after legalization