Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I....

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SOADfan, May 16, 2011.

1. #1 SOADfan, May 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2011
    I wanted to get a second opinion on a small issue of mine. I've been toking it once in a while (several times a month, sometimes way less) for almost the past 2 yrs and I never really get too high like I usually take like several hits and i'm done. But recently within the past 6 months I've had 3 panic attacks attributed to smoking weed, one time I had smoked a lot (for me at least) like 2/3 bowls, the second time I had done 1 bowl but w/ potent ass shit, and then recently over a month ago I had another 1 from just 3 hits of some purps. However a week later I had a little piece of a browney and I was fucking fine lol. But the first panic attack I ever had was from caffeine and after that I had the 3 panic attacks from the ganja. I thought about my families history and I heard that my great uncle or something had schizophrenia (here's a link I found http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...clnk&gl=us&client=opera&source=www.google.com) , and I'm not sure if those panic attacks that I had were attributed to something in my genes because of that. So I wanted to know if I can occasionally puff a few hits without putting myself at a risk for shizophrenia even with a lineage that is kinda far but still it might be why. Just wanted to get others opinions.
    -Peace

2. You're fine, you don't smoke often and lightweights get paranoid when they smoke to much. It's normal. On the subject of the whole schizophrenia thing, it's never been definitively proven that marijuana increases your risk/chances of developing schizophrenia. I'd be more worried about the fact that someone in my family had it, than worrying if smoking weed will cause it. Anyway, you're fine, smoke up, just not so much as to induce paranoia. Build a tolerance before indulging on a whole bowl of dank.

3. Cannabis has been known to bring dormant mental illnesses to the surface

4. Schizophrenia isn't a "dormant" disease waiting to be activated. If it's in your genes, then you've been genetically predisposed to have schizophrenia. Besides genetics...schizophrenia can be caused by things like frequent and extreme dopamine-affecting drug abuse as well as extreme social isolation (some children are locked away at a young age and abused, these factors can lead to schizophrenia.) Anyway, it is completely, utterly, and immensely improbable that marijuana will lead to you developing schizophrenia.

5. Alright just to make sure, it may be okay then? Moderation? Also I did read a study that found that despite increasing cannabis use, shizophrenia rates remained the same and did not increase.