Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I use tin foil as a bowl screen

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by tokesmoke69, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Was just wondering if I could use tin foil as a screen for my spoon pipe

2. Nah. Is the hole in your pipe really that big? You usually won't need a screen. Don't grind up your bud when using a pipe, or just don't grind it up that fine that it'll fall through the hole.

3. Just throw a large piece of nug in front of the hole. Open flame contacting foil is a bad idea while smoking

4. flick a peace of ash from a cig into the hole and then pack away....pull easy though and try to put a decent size nug at the bottom.

5. get a small glass bead or even a little pebble.

6. #7 OneOfTheGoodOnes, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
    I don't know about "tin foil" but I have been using aluminum foil as screens in my bubbler and bong when I want to smoke hash. After 54 years of doing so, without any bad effects, I would have to say aluminum foil is ok to use.
    Now some people use tin foil to line their hats but other than that I really don't know anything about it.

7. you can..but you should replace it with ever use

8. Just use a stem as a screen kinda. Stick it down the hole to where air passes through, but bud doesn't.

9. #10 catlinm, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2012
    Agreed
    Tin foil can be very detriment to your health, id just stick a not broken up nug on the hole then shake over top of it xD

ive seen marijuannaman put a rock in the bowl to ... im thinking make sure you ash it tho ... im sure just a random rock you found outside somewhere is probably not the cleanest thing if it appears to be ...

10. Aluminum foil, id suggest against. However, they have stainless steel foil i believe which would be fine.

11. [quote name='catlinm']Agreed
    Tin foil can be very detriment to your health, id just stick a not broken up nug on the hole then shake over top of it xD

^That's what i do, too. :)

12. ya, don't use tin foil.

like im sure others have said, use a little bit of nug to cover the hole, even a piece of rolling paper or tobacco...anything but tin foil

tin foil is only good for hats :p

13. NNNOOOOOoooo00