Should I try LSD?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by The_Affiliate, Oct 31, 2005.

1. we can talk about acid here right, it's not a bullshit drug. should i try acid. i have a very mild history of schitzo, and a.d.d. would it be a bad idea, or should i try it at least once :)?

2. umm...i would say no. not if your a schitzo AND have ADD, thats just a bad combo right there. lol. maybe some shrooms? but if i were you i wouldnt touch lsd.

3. Yeah its fine to talk about acid your just in the wrong section, should have posted this in general.

I would definatly not do acid with a history of schitzophrenia in the family because theres is a good chance you could possibly get it from doing acid. I don't think it would effect the add much though. But still dont do it with the schitzophrenia in your blood line.

Edit: I'm not positive but im pretty sure any psychadelic drug can increase the possibilities of getting schitzophrenia so I would advise against doing mushrooms as well. Better safe than sorry. Especially when sorry could mean being fucked up for the rest of your life.

4. i dont know about shrooms... acid doesn't sound like a good idea... whatever i have read about acid is that it aggravates such conditions..

5. sorry about post in wrong section guys.

lol i wish my goddamn family didn't have schitzo.......damn

6. shrooms wont fuck you up for the rest of your life, you will have a really bad trip if you start freaking out, but it will go away in a few hours. acid is a different story tho, that shit stays in you, god knows for how long.

back in H.S. my health teacher told us bout some dude who did too much acid, and he thought he was a glass of orange juice. lol, shits fucked up but funny at the same time. thinking your a glass of OJ and you have to be standing up, or else your cup will "spill" haha. shits bannanas! haha.

7. http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_basics.shtml

"Individuals with a family history of schizophrenia or early onset mental illness should be extremely careful because mushrooms have been known to trigger latent psychological and mental problems" -straight outta erowid.

Mushrooms are basically have the same effect on the body as the acid just to a lesser degree because its not as strong as an acid trip.

8. if you want to do it, go for it. make sure you are in a really good mood and around good friends in a comfortable setting. that is the recipe for a great acid trip. if you start feelin scared or somethin just smoke a little bowl or something. you dont need much at all to calm you down. even a cigarette will work. try not to worry about anything before you trip.

9. Well, there ya go. stay away from the shroom and acid. stick to the herbs :smoking:

10. I thought the argument was that almost any psychoactive drug will bring out the crazy in you.

11. You cannot simply just get schitz from taking LSD, but it can trigger underlying schitzophrenia if you already have it in your genes.

1 in 100 people have schitz but the reason that # seems high is because it remains dormat in many cases for someones whole life.

12. mild schitz? have you ever had an attack? If not and your family has it I would say go for it. Just because it runs in your family doesn't mean you have it.

13. yea but dude even if its in his fam its NOT a good idea to do lsd or shrooms or any other psychadelic (sp) for that matter...i wouldnt do it, ive done lsd 3 times and if i was already crazy before i took it.....nah i dont even wanna imagine that....ALSO are u thinking about doing LSD without ever trying shrooms, or even that 2cb shit or whatver its called (no experience there for me) cuz even if ur not schitzo that shit is INTENSE...as for ADD i used to do shrooms with my friend who had add and we had good times...he was on adderall and buprioren (sp)....i would be careful with ur meds and the interaction of the drugs with them...he was always very careful with the drug interactions....hope i helped...peace

14. go for it brother....

as far as i'm concerned there's only 2 ways to truly discover one's self...
    - meditation
    - lsd

let us all know the revelations you come across in your desent into the human psyche...:smoke:

15. i agree, however, what if he has some REALLY adverse reactions and a HORRIBLE trip?
    i think he should try meditation first!!!
    meditation is awesome btw...picked up a meditation book about 3 years ago and have been practicing ever since...give it a whirl!

16. its all reletive. if you take it to get all fucked up, then chances are you will have some fun. if your the more introspective type, then prepare for the trip, or unprepare really....

17. Schitzophrenia requires a trigger. If you have it, you won't even know it until something triggers it. These triggers can be pretty much anything, but are usually traumatic events. This is why people strongly suggest you stay away from LSD, Shrooms, Mesculine, etc. if you have a family history of mental illness. But even smoking weed can trigger underlying schitzophrenia.

I suggest you to go erowid and read everything you can on any drug you may consider trying.

Edit: I have mental illness/schitzophrenia in my family... I've done LSD and shrooms, and have not had any trigger... I'm not saying you should go and try it, and I'm not saying you shouldn't. The choice is yours. If you're worried about it possibly triggering something in you, then be safe and don't do it. Remember - When in doubt... DON'T...

18. or.........

you could just take it in moderation and go from there. one hit won't trigger any subconscience hoop-la crap.

i'm a firm believer in that its you down deep that's going to dictate how you expierience this wonderful drug. not your blood history....you know better than anyone friend.

moderate experimentation.....

19. The choice is yours but if you do end up doing it, DONT go in worrying about anything bc that will make you have a bad trip. Have a good day and be in perfect setting around people you know. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

20. I did it once and it was crazy as fuck, you should try it too.