Should I try and fight this parking ticket?

Discussion in 'General' started by bizarrosandwich, Nov 16, 2010.

1. #1 bizarrosandwich, Nov 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2010
    Last Tuesday I woke up twenty minutes late and the ANIMAL CONTROL cop was outside putting a ticket on my car. I rushed out the door while he was still parked behind my car, but he literally sped off when he seen me.

It's trash day on Tuesday and there is no parking on the street from 8 - 11:30. The ticket says 8:19. The fine? $60. This is my third or fourth one! My moms an asshole and won't wake me up before she leaves for work at night, and she HAS to hog the driveway..

I have 3 more days to cough it up or set a court date. I'm almost certain this pig goes out every Tuesday morning and does this. If I can set it for next Tuesday morning, maybe he won't show up? Should I attempt fighting this in hopes they hear the plea of a struggling college student? After he wrote the ticket, could he have taken it back? I mean, I was literally almost to the street when he sped off. He probably would of ran me over if I ran fast enough (and I should of let him, haha)

2. Unfortunately, if you break the rules there are consequences, no matter how ridiculous.

Pay it and find somewhere else to park.

3. Thats a pretty good idea of going to fight it when hes doing his typical rounds. As much as it sucks there's really no way around it, Fight it or Pay it or start waking up. Unless you got night shift work, 8am one day a week isnt that fucking hard to wake up and move your car. Or since you've had this problem 3-4times why not park somewhere else on monday night so that theres no problem

4. parking tix suck balls....

but you gotta pay em.... alarm clocks seem to help this situation in my experience

5. Why waste more money and time going to court over a ticket that is less than $100 when you are aware that you were parked illegally? Not only would I pay the ticket, but I would purchase an alarm clock so you can wake up early enough to move your car instead of relying on your mom to remind you. I have no doubt that you would lose the case, and tickets cannot be taken back once they are written.. that's why they have court dates for recipients to contest.

6. #6 bizarrosandwich, Nov 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2010
    I do fully understand the consequences of my actions, don't get me wrong. I'm not in a plea of help, I just want to know if there is a slim chance of me getting out of this particular incident.

If not, I'll pay it and go on with my life. There is no where else to park in my case.

The alarm answer doesn't help btw, I started setting it after I've experienced this problem. I slept through it this time.

**I will just pay this and get it over with. This was more directed towards anyone who has ever fought a ticket, but I guess I asked a dumb question. No further rude responses necessary.

7. I think it might cost you more to attempt to fight it than it would jsut to fork over the $60 and move on with your life

8. Sure man, I've fought a few parking tickets, but only when there's an actual purpose like "there are no signs that say you cant do ______" but for streets that get cleaned or have special garbage pick up there is always a marker on the street that says you cant park on a certain day for a set time period.

If you go to court they'll probably just say that you live on the street and should know the rules since this tuesday isnt any different

9. Well, I guess I should of asked the question anyway. If not I would of went on pondering "what if"

Thanks though everyone.

10. In my experience, fighting any sort of ticket is pretty much a lost cause.

And boy do I have some experience.

11. If this is the third or the fourth one, I'd say you really have no excuse for not knowing better by now. It's like that old saying..."Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me." Fool me four times, pay the damn fine. :p

Seriously, though, I know how bad parking tickets suck. But they make money for the city, so unless you have a really good reason why they should drop the fine, it's not gonna happen.

12. You called your mom an asshole because she doesn't wake you up? I assume you live in her house? Grow up and buy a fuggin' alarm clock and wake up on your own. You're an adult.

13. Going before a judge will often lower your charges to maybe something like $20? I had a late fix it ticket that racked up to $425, I went before the judge, he asked me if I was who I was, I told him yes, and he said, $100 owed for blah blah.. So it saved me $325! I ddnt event have to say shit

14. Uh, one, yeah they do go out just to do that, because you aren't allowed to park on the street during that time for a reason.

You've had multiple tickets for the same thing I doubt they will help you, man up and move your car on time to save yourself the money. Its called personal responsibility. What do you like more? $60 or not getting a ticket. If you don't have $60 to throw away it's your responsibility to move your car on time.

15. I would take it to court, Personally ive never gotten a ticket...kinda crazy huh?

But i would take it to court, cause my dad did that on two different occasions and the cop never showed up on either of them.

It doesnt always happen, but sometimes you can get lucky.

If your cheap like me, i say hell might as well try and get out of it.