Should I trim her bush?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Private Stalk, Jan 9, 2019.

1. I’ve never seen a jungle like this before. There are 2 plants in this picture:

[​IMG]

More:

[​IMG]

More:

[​IMG]

2. I’d love to say it’s empty under the top canopy there, but it’s straight dense jungle all the way through.

3. I'd trim it up a little bitch. Itll increase your air flow and let the light get down a little deeper!

4. Defoliate the lowest and oldest leaves first. Taking off some of the large fan leaves at the top of the plant to let light in is good aswell

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I swear by light defoliation get more bud sites that light they love. They should come with a warning "wide load" :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I’m gonna get all mid-evil on they asses later.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 6A4F59AE-0650-458D-9D9E-5ECD9280C02C.jpeg Same here man

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lol yeah a lil defoliation wouldnt hurt lol, nice looking bush though

9. Clean those ladies up and they’ll reward you with fat colas.

Before
    9936D774-0B8A-43A7-BF87-348C0DE10D00.jpeg

Pile of cut leaves and scrub branches
    39F24F67-39CB-4723-8B52-62DBF6765246.jpeg

After
    5A7D8457-101F-4FF5-9C4A-915EAF6FEE02.jpeg B7D3BFF0-9138-4A5C-939E-DA017E96A435.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  10. I’ve been cutting leaves little bit every day this coco is much faster than soil .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I was in there for a couple hours as they were not the only ones. I was gonna trim even before asking. It’s just funny how times change. Years ago everyone would have screamed to not do it. Lol

I was really wondering at what point do you guys trim? This is where convo gets interesting. Some do a little the entire time etc...

I usually let them completely be in veg. Those leaves provide needed food when conversion to flower. Then at like 1-2 weeks into 12/12, i go nuts on them.

But this was more outta hand than normal. So I did a lot of leaves last night, and will wait 1 week too see what I want to cut in terms of lower bud sites.

I love popcorn buds and lots of trim. I do dry ice hash etc...

Popcorn nugs need luv too. Lol.

Sent from my DeLorean using a Flux Capacitor.

12. I hate popcorn, trim is enough for my concentrates mixed with bud.

I prune all throughout the life of the plant. I’ll remove leaves where needed to let side shoots come into canopy.

But I do two major defoliation, and sometimes three with these new qb96elite.

One before flip without lollipopping to see what makes it into canopy with the stretch.

Next one is after stretch is complete and I lollipop at this time as well.

The last will be determined if there’s too much vegetation at anytime throughout the grow before this point. You need to manipulate the tops to grow up and into the light. They can’t do that if huge fan leaves are covering them up