Should I Transplant When The Soil Is Dry, Moist Or Really Wet?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CurriePower, May 19, 2014.

1. It seems that it has always been far easier for me to transplant when the plant is dry as it comes right out the pot and doesn't fall apart. I am not sure if this is the best way to do it though and have heard many conflicting opinions on it.  Which do you do and which do you prefer. Thanks!

2. Wet or dry as long as the roots dont receive to much damage it will be fine either way...

when your this hated, its hard to be loved.......

3. Dry.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Both. 

I transplanted mine a day or so after watering, that way the soil was dry enough to hold together yet moist enough that the plant wasn't going without water.

5. #5 Blackbud925, May 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2014
    Lol....depends on container size...from cup to pots don't matter...from anything bigger then a 1gal..moist...if dry you will loose a lot of soil and cause more stress by rearranging the rootball, wet is too messy and it will fall apart in cakes....moist is perfect..slides out easy and holds the integrity of the rootball..

FYI....the "lol" is from the answers you got, not the question!

6. my answer is the same as yours but with out all the explaining as long as the roots dont take to much harassment or damage so stop laughing at me you meant lol jk im not good with the explaining part lol

when your this hated, its hard to be loved.......