should I transplant from 3 to 5 gal? and when should I Flip 12/12?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by masterdebater49, Dec 25, 2013.

1. #1 masterdebater49, Dec 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2013
    I have 5 plants all in vegetation right now and all of them different in age. all of them right now are in 3 gallon fabric pots.

1 - 8 weeks 5days
    2 - 8 weeks 3 days
    3 - 4 weeks 1 day
    4 - 3 weeks 5 days
    5 -3 weeks 5 days

I am pretty sure I should flip to 12/12 very soon But i want the 2 youngest plants to be at least 4 or 5 weeks old before i do.

anyways im concerned that the 2 oldest plants that are almost 9 weeks old will need a bigger container?

or is this truly not an issue with fabric pots?

if i should transplant is it ok to switch from fox farm ocean to a different organic soil (M3)?

do you think im ready to flip?

also i have been doin LST on the girls to keep them same height..im getting closer. is it pointless to put a screen over them at the same time i flip?

picture of plants can be found here in my journal. I plan on harvesting that auto before it gets in the way.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1259205-400w-northern-blue-x4-400w-tent-first-timer.html/page-5

2. im really liking this michigan M3 soil. it what i transplanted the 2 youngest plants into. blueberry gum and white widow

3. Sorry guys here's the pictures now .I'mThinking I need to flip soon or ill run out of space ? And obviously the auto willBe gone soon ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1388015951.899655.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1388016014.439396.jpg

4. This is what I think it will look like when the auto is pulled. I'm debating whether or not to do a scrog...maybe ill scrog the 3 big ones and not the short ones ? Any tips on doing plants of different age like this ? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1388017266.380272.jpg

5. geez not one reply. lol

it's ok to leave that auto in there...as long as you don't change the light schedule you should be fine...but taking it out will give your plants room. so depends on how bad you need weed/space.

can't say about those fabric pots. but think about it this way...one gallon pot will provide a one foot plant. 3 gallon pot=3 foot plant. in my own opinion...I'd let them stay in veg for another week and two days, then switch...you can start flowering anytime after 12". could even throw those into the flower tent and leave babies the veg for another week...

scrog is ok. but you should've started earlier and watering your plants with a screen on top gets tricky...think about every angle of a step before you do it. try to lst. especially those little ones.

Sent from my LGL86C using Grasscity Forum mobile app