Should I trade glass online?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by canibuss, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Do you guys think its safe to send a piece to somebody across the country and hope they do the same? I got a potential stem 8 in the works, but it requires me sending my piece as a trade.. i would hate to send my piece away and never receive the stem 8. We both have boromarket accounts, and he does have some positive feedback.. and he is willing to comment on a reserved thread that i would make.. but I'm still hesitant. What would you guys do?

2. I do it all the time

3. I did this for the first time yesterday. We'll see how it plays out on Friday when my package arrives!

I'm not worried though, the guy I'm trading with has had excellent communication, seems like a honest person from the conversations I've had, and we each are sending pieces of similar value, so I'm confident everything will go through without a hitch.

4. Try and get the other person to ship. Feedback is definitely a key factor when it comes to any trade. Either way good luck.

5. I've traded probably 15 times now. Never had a issue. Feedback is key if they don't have that than I make them ship first. I got people to vouch for me. Also ship insured it can save your ass if you do get ripped off.

6. Pictures, pictures, pictures!

It's the only 100% way to know if a seller/trader is serious about the deal.

Get them to send pictures of the item, how its boxed, the shipping package, the weight.

The more pictures the better. I've traded some mountain bike parts before, and I've weened out a lot of sketchy people who didn't want to, or "couldn't get a picture" of the item ready for shipping.

7. This is good advice for sure. When I made my trade each of us took videos of ourselves packing the piece up, then pictures at UPS of the shipping label on the package and the receipt with a tracking number.

8. Where do you find people to trade glass?

9. or just sell, for that matter.. other than CL..

10. If you sell it online, make sure it is sparkling clean. No resin in it at all.

11. well some guy just had a huge thread about how he got ripped off like a couple of days ago haha. I mean i wouldn't just because I have friends I could trade shit with. Other people seem to be giving sound advice on how to trade in a safe way, if you decide to trade.

12. I wish i had friends i could trade with friends but i only have 1 who collects nice glass as well. most people i know wont spend $100 on a bong let alone $1000.

13. #13 mogwi411, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2015
    hey Edited to meet the forum guidelines.

to the OP, 
    People trade/sell glass all the time.  People also scam all the time.  Trades are tough cause there's really no protection.  Someone can take pics of their piece, even vids packing it, and then not actually send it.  People send other people bricks (so the package has weight when checked).  Even if you insure the package, that protects against postal loss and damage, you aren't protected against getting scammed.  I only trade with people I trust, people I've seen in the glass community for awhile and have lots of references from people I recognize.  People make fake profiles, so do your due diligence on references.  

Usually both parties ship at same time and send tracking numbers.  If one person is well known in the community and has a solid reputation, and the other person isn't known, the more well known party will sometimes ask the other person to send first.

Boromarket used to be very solid, I don't know about anymore since it's been years since I been on it.  With paid accounts and feedback, people usually don't fuck around on there, but I think the fee has gotten a lot cheaper now.