Should I top and 4-way LST?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by masterwass, May 23, 2010.

1. I have a few plants growing inside and was wondering if I should top them and 4-way lst them. I have plenty of vertical space but I'm worried that in my grow room, if I do this they will spread horizontally too much and run into each other. I have 5 gallon buckets all right next to each other and they're all sort of narrow so not much room for sideways growth.

Anyways, should I or shouldn't I? Wouldn't it increase my yield?

Thanks!

2. LBH's 4-way LST guide involves topping so definitely do both. Topping gives you more bud sites.

3. I realize if I were to do it I would do both, my question is should I do it in the first place? Does it grow horizontally a lot / will I run out of space if I do it?

4. It's not going to greatly increase your yield, and is not really the main purpose of using a combination of LST and topping. It's more to increase canopy square footage, restricting vertical grow height, and making use of 'horizontal' space.
    If you're worried about them getting too bushy, you could just do 1-2 rounds of topping combined with LST that way they won't get too bushy. Every time you top you're just chopping up the main cola, not making two main cola's.
    If you're not concerned with vertical height I suggest leaving the plants be.