Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I tell my parents?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by sweetpotaters, Feb 6, 2013.

1. #1 sweetpotaters, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2013
    Hey all.
    I'm 18, in my senior year in high school, and living with my parents.
    Background: My mom has smoked tobacco all her adult life, and shes an immigrant to the US from Ireland. Really chill/fun personality.

I kinda wanted to tell her that I smoke pot just so I could not have to hide it anymore, and since my bowl broke and my nearest headshop is a cars distance away (don't have a car, got totaled in hurricane) I kinda wanted to order a new bowl and bong to the house. the problem is that I don't know how she would react, and since she doesn't even suspect me right now, it may fuck me over.

Opinions or similar stories?

Oh and don't tell me to man up or some stupid sh*t like that, because living in my parents house, if she told me to stop, i would have to. They respect me, I have to respect them.

***Oh and if this is in wrong section please feel free to correct me/ move it. Wasn't sure where to post it***

2. I wouldn't tell them. You're just hoping that she'll approve when you don't really know if she will or not. You said she doesn't even suspect you smoke so why ruin a good thing?

3. #3 belts, Feb 6, 2013
    You could always ask her opinion on smoking. Just because you ask her what she feels on it doesn't mean she will suspect you of smoking.

If she asks why interrogatively, say because the illegality of marijuana is coming to the forefront as one of the big topics on whether or not it should be legalized and regulated.

If she's cool, hopefully she'll be okay with you smoking. But don't go up to her and outright say I smoke unless you know she'll be okay with it. That could potentially be bad.

4. bring up legalization or something and ask her opinions on that, if their good tell her you blaze that shit all day :smoke: lol

5. #5 sweetpotaters, Feb 6, 2013
    oh by the way my best friend got caught the other day, and his parents are gonna call mine saying "*friend* has been smoking pot, I just wanted to let you know that if your son (me) is gonna continue hanging out with him". The topic will be brought up anyway, and I kinda don't want to lie to my mom.

6. Slow your roll, because speaking too soon will fuck you over. I'd wait until I graduated and didn't eat all my 'rents food before I told 'em that I smoked. If ordering it to your house is the problem, just tell her you smoke tobacco out of your piece or something. Or that it's a gift for your friend.

7. You WANT to tell your parents? I was always scared that mine would freak out, my dad used to grow and so I was always super cautious when I came home after smoking at work but little did I know he was cool with it, I never brought up the topic but he started asking me if I wanted some of his after I started college

8. Like someone else said, maybe you could start off like "what do you think about weed?" or something along those lines and go from there. If she's like oh I think it should be legalized, I think it has health benefits and it good, or says mostly positive things then bring up that you do. But if she seems totally against it, then don't and if she asks why you asked just say because a lot of people you go to school with do it or something.