Should I Take This Job

Discussion in 'General' started by Austria-Hungary, Jul 18, 2014.

1. I'll be getting paid $10 an hour to sit and watch my grandma with Alzheimer's to keep her from getting in trouble. Apparently she goes around the assisted living center trying to help other old people but does shit she's not supposed to do. It would be like 9 am to 10 pm once a week. The catch is I'm not allowed to go online or anything while I'm there

2. Fuck it, I'd do it. It's better than nothing. One day a week is kind of shitty though.

3. So... $130 to hang out with your grandma all day, once a week? Not bad I guess, but if that's your only source of income, I'd probably keep looking. That's a really weird job, though. 

4. You know how grandma gets on wednesdays.

yeah you should do it for free (unless you need the money). and you get to hang out with your grandma, it would be different if it was a random grandma

5. Dude I used to manage an assisted living home :laughing: Old people are awesome, they teach you some cool shit and you'll meet a few who make you laugh your ass off and they can tell you stories you've never thought of. For example one guy at our home was 104 years old and used to play for the white sox and had a ton of cool stories.