Should i take action?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Celbrise808, Nov 29, 2018.

1. looked at my plants under my new lights ended up finding 1 fungus gnat flying around; killed it. then i noticed 2 small brown flies can only assume it's fungus gnats again. watched all 3 for a while saw nothing else. then i looked at the leaves where i found the fungus gnats at and i see what looks like thrip damage. lots of white specs on the upper leaves ( i don't see any thrips just damage idk how big thrips are )

plants do NOT look bad but i just don't want this to end up going crazy in the end.

as for fungus gnats im trying to dry out the soil more probably buy a fan to help with that. what about the thrips? should i spray or just leave it for now and if it gets worse

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...0/517602172951724032/JPEG_20181128_212330.jpg

kind of hard to see under blurple but thats all i got for now you can clearly see the damage though it's not TOO bad but it's there. thats the worst of it so far.

i DO take these plants outside to get some fresh air i think that is how they get them. our outdoor garden is just a breeding ground for pests

2. I would observe for now - Damage is Minimal - Keep a close eye on them.
    As long as your circulation is good inside - No need to give them "fresh air" it will only increase the chances of picking up unwanted pests....

• Like Like x 1
  3. get it sorted now celbrise808 potassium soap or neem oil should do it get plenty of yellow sticky fly strips too. there is a few various species of thrips some have wings some are like worms etc etc if you don't already have get a x60 jewelers loop to get a better idea of which you are dealing with. There is much nicer organic products spinosad that are less harmfull and safer to use around plants children and pets. I had a problem with broad mites a while ago luckily I give them some flying scull nuke em and raised temps to extreme it worked but I regret not sorting it out asap I had a lay back approach of keep an eye out and I urge you to not do that bro good luck.

4. Fungus gnats are a pain. But their larvae is what cause the damage. Put a small piece of raw potato or a frozen French fry in your pot. With will attract the larvae. When covered, throw it out. Sticky traps to catch the fliers. As far as thrips, get something like captain jacks, dead bug brew. It wouldn't be bad to start a pest management program. Especially by bringing plants in and out. And saying that blurple is your only light is wrong. You bring them outside; sunlight. You used to have them under cfl. Another light. There is no reason to post blurple pics unless you want to post blurple pics.

• Like Like x 1
  5. thats the problem i have no air circulation. it's just your typical closet grow w.e. air it recieves is what it is. they seem to be doing okay for now but humidity is really high here or will be in a few months.

6. i meant it was unconventional dark outside when i posted this was like 10pm tired not gonna hook up CFL's just for a few photo's when i can do it later today. figured it's better then nothing. my grow space indoors is extremely cluttered clothes jammed on one side, lights hanging on clothes hangers instead of ropes, etc..

i was planning to update photo's today in natural light idk if i put that in the question. like i said in the blurples thats the main damage it's not all over the plant just on 2 leaves the other plants seem okay for now kind of seeing what looks like thrip damage but nothing to worry about it's just the 1 plant with the 2 leaves that got it the worst so far.

7. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...0/517760127307087876/JPEG_20181129_075322.jpg

those are the 2 leaves doesn't seem too bad rest of the plant(s) seem okay. like i said our garden is pretty much a breeding ground for pests don't own the house and my grandpa gets super pissy when i uproot his diseased plants and toss them.

i tried to dig a little into this plant see if i can see any larvae about 2 inches down i see nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. thanks for the heads up on that captain jack stuff surprisingly we had a bottle i made sure to spray the leaves far away and under them but not too much to burn them. probably the first advice i took from you and used ( not quantum boards ) lmfao just kidding..

• Funny Funny x 1