Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I stop smoking?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by FrequentlyBaked, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Well, last month or so one of my best friends died. She was always asking me to quit smoking, and I never did. But now, I keep thinking it's kind of the right thing to do now, but i'm not sure. I guess I think it seems kinda disrespectful or something. What do you guys think? :confused:

2. Sorry for your loss :( but you shouldn't change your lifestyle for someone else. If something makes you happy and brings good feelings over you, why should you stop that for someone else. There are better thing you could do in memory of her, but if you think quiting weed is that. Then more power to you -J

3. Sorry for your lose, you have to do what's right for you. No one can answer for you.

4. if you quit anything for someone else you are NOT quitting

5. So just because she's dead you think that you need to stop smoking? That is some weird logic.

6. sorry for your loss, but no, you should'nt stop smoking

7. Stop weed or cigs?

8. its the right thing to do..2pac he was just himself, he didnt really care about what nobody else say about him, he was being himself, he was a kind person but nobody could change his mind about the lyrics he wanted to write or the image he wanted to portray.

He was just a person he wanted to be...

9. Maybe she misunderstood, does she think it is affecting your lifestyle negatively, and thus why she would want you to stop smoking so badly? If this is the case, maybe you need to quit your current lifestyle and try to make a change for yourself for the better, instead of quitting smoking. Herb can play a role in both types of lifestyles, that shouldn't be the factor to blame. Especially if the problem is you, yourself, quitting weed won't change anything unless you also make the decision to change your lifestyle too.

Weed can also help you to make thing change, I used weed to help me LOSE weight when I was just overeating (and munchies) and 60lbs heavier than I was in High School. I made the decision to change, and used weed to improve my will power and to help me relax and accept my new lifestyle. Lost 60lbs in 18 weeks last year, and have still kept it off.

Maybe you live a productive lifestyle, and she misunderstood your need to use weed (recreational, or otherwise, we all have a need for it in some kind of way, that is what I mean). If it's something that makes you happy, that would be selfish for her to say it's wrong for you and to make you quit.

I am sorry for your loss, and I don't mean to offend you with what I said. Just offering some unbiased insight to your situation.

10. do u know what type of forum this is? lol:smoking:

11. Do what u want because that is part of being yourself :smoke:

12. I mean...its a forum where a lot of things are discussed, including both weed and cigarettes. It was a valid question.

13. yes it was a very valid question...

assumption won't get you far

14. [quote name='"will3117"']Sorry for your lose, you have to do what's right for you. No one can answer for you.[/quote]

quoted for truth.

you do you man. if it feels like it's right, go for it. no one's going to stop you.

15. Obviously it didn't stop you when she was alive (may she rest in peace) so why stop now just because she died? Don't feel guilty. You just need some time to get over the shock. I am sorry for your loss and I hope I made sense.

16. Don't stop because of that. Spark a spliff in your friends honour.
    Just because someone is dead doesn't mean they were right about everything they said when they were alive.

Sorry for your loss dude.

17. 'A counter culture forum?

18. Maybe you can take a break, especially if you
    are not enjoying your high because of your loss. It wouldnt hurt to take a break to clear your head a bit. Hope this helps

19. i thought i was here to put a volkswagon together...

D'Oh ! :confused:

20. sorry if i sound like a dick, but dude... shes dead. is shit gonna change with her no matter what you do now that she's not here? might as well make the best of your life. and you are just in a regret stage. you'll get through it.