Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I stop smoking with my best friend? Need suggestions

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by John Lennon, Nov 29, 2012.

1. I had two best friends when I was a kid. I know them since I was 5, and they are brothers. Older brother will be friend A and younger will be friend B.

By a lot of events and circumstances, our friendship became weak and by the time we turned into adults we were almost no friends at all.
    However we continued hanging out together with other close friends, drinking, etc. But we stopped talking like best friends and stuff.
    So friend A was more "rude" than B. He was rude at me sometimes, like sarcastic and stuff. This happened for aprox. 3 years.

But the last Friends A birthday, I went to his home and we were just A, B and me, because our other friends had classes (it was a monday I think). We had some drinks and friend B told us that he had to sleep because he had a class the next morning. So, friend A and me go out to the street in order to finish the booze. Suddenly, I just said "hey wanna smoke some weed?" and he told me "yeah".

We smoked some weed and like it was a miracle, we started talking fluently like the old days. We even laughed together and stuff, it was nice.

Since that day we have been hanging around very often to drink or smoke weed or whatever. He also talks to me like a friend and we even have time to talk about our problems. I like to say that "weed saved our friendship" haha.

One day, one fucking neighbor saw us smoking (ironically this guy is a crack head) and told my friends mom about it. Next day her mom came to my house and talked to me. I told her that I understand that she was worried but that it wasnt dangerous and that we werent addicts or something like that. She told me "ok I guess youre ok, just be careful please"

After some time, friend B (his younger brother) came to my house and talked to me. He became a very active catholic in the last years, so he said things like "why are you doing pot? please dont invite pot to A" or stuff like that. I tried to explain him, but he was like "weed is bad". However he wasnt rude or anything.

So last time I called A and invited him to come to my house to smoke some good hydroponic weed. We were smoking and he used some eyedrops and stuff. He lives near to my house so we agreed to play some online games while high.

Just 2 minutes after he left, someone knocked my door.

Me: Whos this? *I was HIGH as fuck*

Mom: Im A´s mom, is (Me) here?

Me: Uhhhh....ehmmm... yes. (In my slow mind I was like WTF DID I SAY THAT FUCK FUCK FUCK)

Mom: Can you tell him please that I want to talk to him? (She thought I was someone else)

*I rushed to my bedroom for my drops, brushed my teeth, etc, and then go out. "FUCK, THIS IDIOT GOT CAUGHT AGAIN"*

Mom: I guess you know why Im here.

Me: Hmmm yeah I guess so.

Mom: Please, why are you doing pot? Is it a neccesity or something like that?

Me: Mrs, were not addicts if thats what youre thinking, we smoke ocassionally and we dont do anything stupid, were pretty responsible about it.

Mom: But why are you using it? Do you have problems?

Me: I have problems like everyone else, but I dont smoke because of my problems, I just do it like I would have a drink with a friend or whatever.

Mom : But my sons is becoming an addict, hes not the same, I know him he became an irritable person, we dont have the same relationship anymore... I heard about people who started doing pot and them became criminals.

Me: *At this point I was doing an Inhuman effort to control my laughing, my imagination becomes pretty strong when high, so I imagined my friend on the jail and all the stuff the mom was telling me was pretty stupid and hilarious, I had to turn my face to another direction because of the gigant smile on my face*

But, mrs A, Im pretty sure A is not addicted, and hes not doing anything bad like robbing or something in order to get weed. As I told you we smoke ocassionally and we just talk or listen to music.

Mom: Nope but my son isnt the same anymore, Are you alone?

Me: *Still containing my laugh* hmm yes.

Mom: Is A in your house? TELL ME THE TRUTH

Me: *At this point I realized that she didnt caught A a few minutes ago and thought: "I guess I should take with her for a while until hes in home and almost sober"* No mrs A, hes not there, you can enter if you wish.

Mom: Tell me the truth please, Im worried about him and you too, because I know you since you were a little kid. Wait... were you smoking?

Me: Nope, I wasnt smoking *lolololol*

I made a very long conversation like 30 or 40 mins, It was the worst way I ever started a high.

Mom: Ok I gotta go, and please dont invite him that drug, and think about yourself and your family, it will ruin your life.

Me: I wont invite him anymore because I will respect your decision, but even though I understand that youre worried about A, I still think youre overacting a little.

So she left and I quickly went to fb in order to tell A.
    Hes one of my bests friends, but hes causing so much trouble to me lately. Were both adults and to be honest, this is kinda childish. One of our closest stoner friends told me that I should stop inviting A,

Any suggestions?

2. If your 18 there is no problem.

3. Personally, I believe this has more to do with the decisions/actions of your friend, not yourself. Sit down and talk to "A" and voice your concerns to him. Discuss the fact that his mother has noticed a change in his behavior as well. Why has their relationship taken a negative path recently? Do they talk or see each other on a regular basis?

Your friend needs to gain the confidence and talk to his mother like a mature adult. If he is slacking in his studies or daily routines, there is good reason for her and himself to be concerned.

Based on what you described, his mother sounds like an easy going and calm person. Have him educate her about marijuana. If he is going to continue to smoke, he needs to demonstrate that he has the will power to provide balance in his life.

Just my two cents. Good luck man.

4. answer : No

5. Nah, its on your friends thing. You should let him know what his mom says, and see if you observe the same.

Most people who smoke on the daily are smoking for problems, its just how it goes, and its not a good thing

6. It really depends on how much you respect your friends parents. If you respect them a lot then tell A he can't and that's why. I, personally, would never tell someone they can't smoke because they're parents told them they can't especially since ya'll are adults.

7. Yeah but its causing me a lot of trouble. Last time her mom found his bong and a weed plant. She came to my house and talked with my parents. They know I smoke and they dont like it but theyre not sending me to rehab or stuff like that. But Its kinda embarassing.

8. Why is it embarassing ? Have you ever had a real talk with your parents about weed and the propaganda they were fed ? When I first told my mom I was smoking , I sat with my mom for 3 hours and we simply talked about the dangers , the repercussions , etc . By the time we had finished talking , she was a lot calmer about me smoking, and she quickly realised that it hadn't changed me and that I was smoking responsably.

Now when I invite my mom to my appartement , I don't even hide my bongs and pipes. She even admires some of them , and on my last birthday she even bought me a bong that she thought looked good ( it's a little bit harsher when I smoke it , but what it represent makes it special and I smoke it often and goes the extra mile to take extra care of it).

Now you guys are adults and you should be able to talk to your parents as such. Talk to your parents and let him talk to his. They have to see that there is no negative impacts on your life.If they are still against it ( mostly his parents since your parents seem more open ). Then you guys should respect their opinion and not smoke , inside their house or if you are in their compagny.

9. Well screw friend B, who is he to tell you what to do? He's catholic so he can NOT smoke, that's fine it's his decision. But religious people who force others to live their lifestyle is ridiculous. IT'S your life...

About friend A... You should talk to him because obviously his mom is too much of a coward to confront her own son so she confronts you thinkin you're the source of the problem. Would friend A have done weed if it wasn't you who invited him? Tell friend A to talk to his mom about the decisions he made and how it is HIS life and HIS decisions and no matter how much his mom coddles him, he's going to do what he wants.

BUTTT if you're under 18 then no you should invite him again :p

10. Well her mom also talked to him. Hes 22 and Im 21 and he used to smoke since he was 16, so I wasnt the first one who invited him marijuana.

11. Talk to granny, get a shit ton of information print it out, give her some video tapes and take it to her house and say watch and read this if you care about your son, if she decides to read it she will understand how weed is not dangerous and she should let him make his own decisions in life, if she doesn't read it, say you don't respect me or your son to read something for your own knowledge, so why should I respect what you say and listen to you?.

Also I wouldn't normally go to a parents house and do something like this, but she has come to yours multiple times, when she should be minding her own business, and talking to her son when he gets home.

Also its his decision, if your both doing well in college/school/work whatever and nothing negative is coming from it, then why should it matter if you to bond over and can talk and relate better, then that's a good thing, its like her saying you guys shouldn't play basketball together because he might get hurt, like fuck that, shes an idiot and if shes not willing to listen, then don't listen to her.

12. dude to hell with all this bullshit if i were you i wouldnt deal with his moms bullshit or him i mean wtf is wrong with him i'm pretty sure weed isnt turning him into a complete asshole... if you really care about him and his friendship as someone said sit him down and tell him to stop being a dick to his mom

13. SEDUCE HER:D! That'll make it embarrassing.

14. I was in a situation like that a few years ago. You should've told the mother that you ain't going to be his dealer, but you ain't going to take his weed from him either when you see him smoking. If he's an adult and if she raised her child well he should be responsible about what he does.

If the guy is 18plus and doesn't live at their parents house anymore she doesn't have a fuck to say about it, and I find it rude that she asked certain things from you. She should not talk to you about his smoking habits. If she has a problem with the fact that her son is smoking, she should fight it out with him, and not involve other people in that fight. Now YOU have the choice to get a fucked up situation because of the mom with your friend, or with your friends mom (if you don't lie and be honest).

15. Your over 18
    He's over 18
    Tell her to suck a dick.
    No really though your both adults.

16. A seems like a chill guy if you're both 18+ then I see no problem hittin him up to chill, it's his responsibility to talk to his mom, not yours, this B guy seems to have gone a dif way sounds like he's a lost cause