Should I stop drinking coffee?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by The Crunge, Aug 14, 2012.

1. I stopped drinking soda a long time ago, should I stop drinking coffee? Is coffee even that bad? I don't really have a fitness goal or anything. I have a healthy weight and I bike 6 miles a day. Sorry if this is a vague question, I don't really know how to express what I need to ask.

Is coffee bad? Should I stop drinking coffee?

2. Coffee is not bad, it is the cream and sugar that are added that make it bad.:cool:

3. [quote name='"ToastyRoadie"']Coffee is not bad, it is the cream and sugar that are added that make it bad.:cool:[/quote]

I knew somebody would say that...

I add plenty of cream and sugar. :(

4. I used to do that as well, now I roast my own coffee using a cheap popcorn popper and can honestly say my coffee is awesome and would be ruined with cream and sugar.:D

5. Most breakfast blends that I've tried taste pretty good black, but I still prefer the taste of cream and sugar.

6. [quote name='"TheCrunge"']

I knew somebody would say that...

I add plenty of cream and sugar. :([/quote]

I like my coffee like my women..

Hot, blonde, and sweet

7. [quote name='"Danonymous"']

I like my coffee like my women..

Hot, blonde, and sweet[/quote]

Thought you were going to say ground up and in the freezer

8. [quote name='"ToastyRoadie"']Coffee is not bad, it is the cream and sugar that are added that make it bad.:cool:[/quote]

sugar in general is just bad for you. lol

9. If you're adding a lot of creamer/sugar, you're essentially covering up the taste of coffee anyway! Coffee itself isn't too bad for you as long as you're not chugging it all day.

Get organic beans (really do taste better) and for creamer, I really like coconut milk creamer. You can find it at wegmans, called "so delicious" I think. I like the hazelnut flavor. Just a tiny splash is enough. No sugar. One cup a day, not bad at all.

You can also try adding honey instead of creamer. I kinda like it... but it's a bit weird tasting.

10. Coffee is often very acidic. So it isn't "great" for the stomach and can cause issues if not used in moderation. I think coffee is wonderful! Yeah, not a lot of brands are good enough to use a small amount of sugar/creamer but it shouldn't be an every day thing at least in my opinion. I drink 2 or 3 cups of coffee 2 or 3 days a week. Probably a little more than I should but in my mind I'm somewhat addicted. (Morning times I have a coffee/smoke/bowl) Just take it in moderation. Caffeine is good for biking and stuff, but remember it's a diuretic so stay hydrated.
    To sum it up.
    -It's acidic, can damage stomach
    -Don't drink it EVERYDAY especially if you use excessive sugar/creamer.
    -Stay hydrated
    -Enjoy!!!!

11. Lol, I've been drinking a gallon of black coffee a day for a little over two years now.:eek: I recently started roasting my own, wow, what a difference. I'm up to a little over a gallon a day and sometimes two gallons in a day:cool:.

I don't drink anything but coffee and water only for taking supplements or strenous work outs.

12. I drink about 40oz of coffee a day. Sometimes it's a bit much if I don't eat anything in the morning.

Lately I've been doing half decaf when I make it at home, just to make sure I don't get jittery

If you're not having negative side effects there really isn't a strong reason to stop. Try slowly tapering out the sugar. The cream is fine...assuming it is real and not that fake crap with hydrogenated fats on it.

13. [quote name='"ToastyRoadie"']Lol, I've been drinking a gallon of black coffee a day for a little over two years now.:eek: I recently started roasting my own, wow, what a difference. I'm up to a little over a gallon a day and sometimes two gallons in a day:cool:.

I don't drink anything but coffee and water only for taking supplements or strenous work outs.[/quote]

You're like gonna die from caffeine deprivation if you stop drinking coffee lol

14. Nah man, coffee is actually pretty good for you, in small amounts though. You should limit how much you have to about 12 or 16 oz. It is just caffeine you should stay away from, always order your coffee decaf. Caffeine does a whole load of nasty things for you.

15. I dunno Crunge, do you feel tired, lazy and burned out when you're not caffeinated? Too much caffeine can deplete the body's supply of dopamine and epinephrine and cause a buildup of adenosine (spent adenosine triphosphate, the body's energy currency)

For me, it doesn't take that much coffee to get myself in this vicious cycle, so I try to abstain.

16. I know for a fact that I'm addicted to coffee. If I skip a day, I'll get to a point where I fuckin' turn into zombie and have to make a put of coffee. I mean, if there's some chocolate pie in the kitchen, and I want some, but I realize 2 hours later that I never got some, oh well. No big deal. But with coffee, I'll just get these thoughts about coffee, and I HAVE to go make some.

brb, making coffee.

17. Just got done roasting three days worth.:D Whilst sipping on some fine freshly roasted, ground and french pressed java and smoking a fat bowl.:cool::smoke:

18. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTVE5iPMKLg]Coffee: The Greatest Addiction Ever - YouTube[/ame]

19. If I drink it I drink it black