Should I start the flush?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Beale1992, May 15, 2022.

1. no, the pH should be about 6.0.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yeah I mean I only done a quick scan of the bottle when I got it. Maybe it means the PH of the finisher is 3.5 on its own?

3. So this is the finisher I have its the same brand as the 3 part nutrients I'm using (advanced nutrients) now I know from experience never to go off what it says on the bottle lol but is this the stuff you was talking about?

Attached Files:

4. no man. compare with the products I already mentioned. That's like a cleaning solution to clear out the nutes. You can use it if you like, prob a day or two before harvest?

5. Oh ok so this isn't the finisher that you would usually use? Bloody hell there is so much to take in lol you might wanna ignore my message I send you then hahaha

6. So lets say I can't use the finisher.

What would you guys recommend I feed over the last 2 weeks?

I sent Trojan grower a message and maybe he's in shock on floor at my schedule lol

So forgive me if I'm doing this completely wrong. I use 3 gallons of water for every feed PH'd at 5.8-6.0 and it contains: (to date)

6ml calmag
    3ml micro
    1.5ml grow
    9ml bloom

Go easy on me guys its my first time hahah

7. I responded to your PM ;)

• Like Like x 1

8. This podcast was an overview of a 48 plant randomized trial that was recently completed. No evidence found that flushing helps finish or that nutrients will be flushed out of plants once absorbed into plant tissue.

The trial was done by a nutrient company so it's interesting because they don't push using more nutrients at the end (which would help their bottom line)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Great clip. It good to finally see real science applied to some of the myths that have been propagated in the community for far to many years.

BNW

10. Indeed. It really impressed me that they actually brought in 60 stoners to test all the different strains for smell, taste, burn, and ash color after burning...

11. Now the pair of scientists need to take my class on Dry and Cure then do a segment on the how and why it works like it does. I know it does but have a hell of a time explaining why the slow dry is so critical to the end product.

Dry to fast and it stinks like lawn clippings in a trash can. Ethylene gas?.
    Dry to slow and you have mold.

Dry to deep (below 55%) and it'll never cure and always smoke like inhaling open flame. Not sure just what we have there.

Southern California is a brutal environment to dry in and it taught me more about the how and why it needs to be done just so then living anyplace else would have. I ruined so much good bud learning how not to screw it up and even now I never take my eye off drying buds.

BNW

12. Are you familiar with any studies that compare terpene or cannabinoid levels post dry AND post cure?

And does anyone know...do dispensaries send off wet bud for testing, dried bud for testing..or cured bud for testing...

13. Guys what would you suggest I do in terms of drying? Like what are your best methods of drying? I seen you said slow drying is critical but how are doing this slow drying?

14. Slowly…. You slow down the evaporation rate of the moisture inside the room you dry in. Usually 60/60 is a start then adjust as needed to achieve dry buds between 10-14 days in drying room.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1