Should I start flowering or wait a little longer?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by RogueToker, Aug 4, 2011.

1. I'm in the same boat... I wanted to go a full 30 days veg, but here I am, 21 days in and thinking "they're totally big enough to flip the switch this week..."

Hahaha, I'm just going to wait the extra week though and be happy knowing they'll get a little bigger and in return, a little more weight when all is said and done.

2. If there is grass on the field play ball!

Pistols = grass. 12/12 = play ball!

3. if you already havent smoked in a month then what is another 2 weeks?! both of those are indica dominate strains which means you will flower for 8 weeks plus, will adding 2 weeks to that really kill you? i understand that if you are using the herb for medicinal purposes, pain management, nausea,etc then you should look into getting your card and visiting a co-op.. if you are growing and smoking simply to get high then i dont see a problem with waiting.. also, i want to know what size pots you have these in, as you might not have enough root space to properly induce flowering, which will drastically hurt your yield...

i have flowered plants larger and much smaller then both of your plants. the last one i flowered was 8" tall when i flipped the lights over to 12/12, and still yielded a half o per plant...

on another note, you can expect your plants to double/triple in size during the first 3-4 weeks of flowering, so be prepared for this stretch.

4. ^They are both in 4.5 gallon pots.

5. the general rule is 1 gallon of medium per foot of plant. you could veg em until they are 2ftish tall and flower em before they start to get root bound. if these are being grown from clones you dont really need to worry about this, as you will have more vegetation then root mass.