Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

should i smoke or not?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by PMoney, Oct 23, 2010.

1. #1 PMoney, Oct 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2010
    alright, so a few times in the past when it has been completely silent i've noticed a low-volume ring in one or both of my ears, sometimes i get a droning "washing machine sound" kind of like i can hear the blood flowing in my head which usually occurs for only a few minutes and stops when i change the position of my head. my left ear rarely (if ever) pops and i can't hear air flowing through it when i yawn like i can with the right one. it just feels really clogged, and now it's started to ring constantly. beforehand, it would ring for a little bit and i never really noticed it and it would eventually subside, but now the right hear seems to be ringing a bit as well. for the past 2 or 3 days every morning i wake up to the same ring and try to sleep with the consistent white-noise-esque sound. it's driven me to the point of near-insomnia. although i've tried to irrigate both my ears and sinuses (nasal irrigation) i've had no success in stopping the ringing.

i've done some research on tinnitus and Menier's Syndrome and i figure it could be one of the two as there have been times when i stand up and almost fall over because i feel really unbalanced all of the sudden and i'm making an appointment with my doctor soon to have it checked out. but my question is, since smoking green seems to make the ringing louder, could this be the cause or is smoking actually damaging my ears in some way? i don't mind the sound, i can usually drown it out when i'm baked by meditating or listening to music, but is it actually decreasing the health of my ears to smoke? i know none of you are doctors (at least none that i'm aware of) but i would really like some clarity as to whether or not smoking a bowl would be a good idea right now. is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

oh, and did i mention i play drums in a band?

any advice is more than welcome.

2. being A med school student i can tell you this. your throat nose and ears are all inter connected into ur sinuses. if you smoke habitually and you have a less than strong sinus membrane, theres a chance ur sinuses can swell, which leads to build up of pressure in your ears. does your nose get tuffy or harder to breath when this ringing occurs?
    and plus if you drum in a band and dont use plugs, (especcially at gigs when you have a monitor blasting you), it leads to your ear performing its natural defense against auditory assualt, a buildup of a sticky substance made primarily of dead skin and oils...ear wax

3. The band is probably your culprit, loud noise is bad for your ears, although i am not a doctor.