Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

should I smoke in my room?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by citizen smokey, Jul 7, 2009.

1. #1 citizen smokey, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2009
    I had to move into my parents house and I got a room in the basement, it has no windows. If I smoke one bowl of mids with a towel under the door how many hours does the smell last? I also have lavender lysol i'm going to spray. is that enough? I could make a sploof but I don't feel like driving to the store to buy the dryer sheets..i know febreeze is better but has anyone ever used lysol?

please don't tell me not to smoke in my parents house because it's disrespectful..they already know..they just said make sure it's covered up.

to clear a few more things up my parents know I smoke and said it's ok AS LONG AS I COVER UP THE SMELL!! I also left out that I have a ceiling fan, a desk fan, and an air condtioning vent..just no windows. I also found the dryer sheets and made a sploof...with all that said will I be good?

2. The problem is you don't have any real ventilation, and as you don't want the smell seeping out of the room you'll be using towels to keep the smell in.

However, if you are pretty sure you're parents won't be going into your room for a few hours then you should be alright using the spray (I've never used it myself, but most of these sprays are similar), but what I'd do is spray a lot of deodorant about before and after you spray it so that there will still be a normal smell in the room rather than the place stinking of cleaning product.

I'd recommend buying incense as a long-term investment, though, it seriously works wonders with regards to masking smells, the only downside is you need to find a way of incorporating incense usage into your normal life so as not to arouse suspicion!

3. Don't smoke in your parents' house without their permission, it's completely disrespectful and immature, grow up.

:)

4. This.

5. I wouldnt risk it with no windows or ventilation your asking to get caught those sprays usually just mask the smell and dont really eliminate it.

6. Agreed.

7. get some ozeum it eats the smoke i swear worked really well for me you can find it in the auto section in most store or even smoke shops in meny diffrent scents.

the lysol should work ok if you give it some time i would wait till they go to bed before sparking it up than spray you should be ok

8. fuck everything

is that a good answer

9. If you have to ask, the answer is no.

10. I second that much !

11. #11 afgooey, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2009
    just get a pack of papers and go for a "walk"
    you will get exercise too
    if u have a dog even better lol its so low key "gotta take Scrappy for a walk, Ma"

i saw the second part of ur post so if ur gona do it, shell out a few bucks for some activated carbon and look up how to make a sploof with that. ive never used one but ive heared amazing results from them, they dont filter the smoke but just take the strong odors out of it, but if u want to filter the smoke u can make a double sploof with dryer sheet filters at the end to catch the smoke.

whew im stoned

12. im still livin at home, but i do smoke in my room every night with these percautions:

1) window is always open at night
    2) when i take a hit outa my pipe, i put my thumb over the bowl to put the cherry out so no smoke goes into the air
    3) i use a sploof (paper towel roll with dryer sheets stuffed inside) and its pointed out the window
    4) keep fan on low durring the smoke to keep from blowing out the flame
    5) keep fan on high after to ventilate
    6) Ashes go in the toilet

but for your conditions...no window for vent
    thats definetly a no-go

it might be fine for the first 1 or 2 tokes...but then the smoke will start to soak into ur walls/carpets/clothes/ect because theres no ventalation

13. wait, if they dont care, then why are you even asking?

just spray down well and keep the air moving...

14. if your bathroom has windows you can smoke in your bathroom, or go outside if that is an option.

15. The best thing you can do is to make yourself a sploof, you can even shove a sock into the toilet paper tube...so atleast you have something to absorb most of the smoke/smell. I personally use a towel roll with a sock shoved in it and it seems to get rid of 90% of the smell and then I spray some febreeze in the air to make any little smell not obvious at all. As for the lysol, it does cover the smell up. My grandfather bought some once and it stunk pretty bad....it would have covered up any smell as I remember it.

16. Use that linen thing. With candles, blow the candles out after every puff. And spray. Towel the door. I did this when I lived in my parents house. Never got in trouble. Being lazy will get you caught. So being to lazy to go to the store will get you caught. If you don't put the extra effort in to not get caught then you eventually will.

17. quoted for absolute truth

18. just do it in the bathroom imo

19. "being lazy will get you caught"

TRUE THAT!
    lol thats how i got caught...my dad saw some ashes in my trashcan
    i was just gettin to cocky and started blowin my ashes in my trashcan, so soon enough he just looked inside

20. Ok here's what you need to do. If you gonna be lazy you might as well put your piece down now because you will get rolled.

1. Buy Ozium. Its located in your local walmart auto area.
    2. Make a sploof. Make a good one as well.
    3. Keep as much air circulation as possible. Turn on all fans
    4. Block all possible ways of air leaving your room to OTHER AREAS IN THE HOUSE.
    5. Take smaller hits, even vaporize if possible.
    6. Clean out ashes GOOD. Flush them down the TOILET, NOT THE SINK.