Should I see a psychiatrist

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by smn123456, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Okay so lately I have been having stranger and stranger thoughts. Like when I am driving down a busy street and come to a stop light I always wonder what if I just never brake and just ram into the car in front of me. Or I can invision myself doing pretty harmful acts to people I don't even know for no reason. I try not to ignor these thoughts because I have always been a fan of allowing my thoughts and ideas to flow without holding them back. However lately I start to encounter them even more. I find it strange when I can actually invision myself looking and smiling at myself when I am hurting these people. I took an abnormal psy class in college and I'm not quite sure if this is an issue I should bring to someone's attention of ifs it's just some stage I'm going threw. Have anyone else ever have such strange thoughts/ visions?
    It's not really in my nature to want to cause harm to anyone and I'm actually a firm believer in peace and love and unity, that's why I find this all to be so weird. So what are your thoughts?
    Any thoughts and comments are
    aalways greatly appricated.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 jfunke, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2015
    First off, this is a question for a licensened professional.  Immediatly. 

As a studemt,. canabits is a dopamine antagonist and thus will trigger a schitzo-affective disorder episode.  On the other hand, you could also have bipolar;  subjectivlly, because it stimulates dopamine instead of seratonin its safe.  But those thoughts can probaly be be traced back to dopamine increases.  Be prepared for atypical anti-psuchotics.  The side effects are why patiens risk the pot

3. I had those thoughts for a couple months, a few months back. 

They go away, it just seems like a phase that some people would go through for a little while.

You don't need a psychiatrists who will put you on medication that will REALLY fuck you up and give you a real mental disease. You're fine man, don't look too deep into it, just know you won't act on your thoughts.

4. Buy a crossbow.

Sent from somewhere in Canada.

5. #5 travilanche, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2015
    Cannabis is not a dopamine receptor antagonist. It is an anandamide receptor agonist. It effects dopamine receptors on no level.

6. In my opinion you should see a shrink if you, instead of thinking it, think you want to do it/could do it.
    We all have crazy thoughts sometimes but being able to act them out is a whole other thing.

7. Dude stop freaking out over nothing. And stop feeling guilty about your thoughts. Your thoughts aren't hurting anyone.

I think its just about time you grew the fuck up and acknowledged that some thoughts just don't come from within you. 

I think you are a psycho tbf....

9. Those are called Intrusive Thoughts, a strong characteristic of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, possibly other anxiety disorders as well.  My wife has real OCD, diagnosed by a team of qualified professionals and intrusive thoughts are one of her biggest problems. Here's the thing though, well all get them.  It just depends to what degree and how easily can you shake them off.  If you feel as though they are negatively affecting you then it's probably a good idea to seek help.

Psychologists are just for talking.  They diagnose your problems and help you find solutions without the use of drugs.

Psychiatrists prescribe pharmaceuticals to treat conditions.

Choose wisely.

10. Don't think about it man you can control your thoughts and when you think you need help you end up tricking yourself into believing you have it be happy man live life

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. see a professional...

hooker

12. Mild intrusive thoughts. It's the imp of perversion. I often hear people talk about how as a child they would get the urge to throw their gameboy out the window "just to see" or people getting a feeling of wanting to push someone, even friends or family, off high ground. You'll probably be fine as long as you don't act on impulse or want to start hurting small animals for the hell of it. If they become more frequent definitely see someone. I recommend a psychologist over a psychiatrist for something like this at first.

I have this issue but it's a bit different. I'm horribly phobic of vastness. I can't handle being in the the ocean, especially, clear without a boat or board. Yet every open world game I play one of the first things I do when I see a boat is ride out to the middle of nowhere, jump off and exit the game instantly in a near panic attack.

13. This is nothing some rough sex can't cure.

14. Says the "Schitzo=Spiritual Savant". Literally the last person I would take psych advice from.

15. Or help him become the new ted bundy

Schizophrenics can be good people and we can give useful advice too.

Don't be so narrow minded.

A disorder != spiritual savant

It's not that they can't be good people or give good advice, you only discredited yourself. If that is your coping method that's cool but I get touchy when it comes to psych. I'm the boogeyman here, psychiatrist and meds are naturally evil. I hear it all fucking day.

Can schizophrenia be a handicap? Certainly.

But it can also give people insights, experiences, creativity, and perspective they normally wouldn't have.

Same goes for autism.

Like I said don't be so narrow minded.

Lots of flaws people have actually make the world a more colorful and interesting place.

and I never said meds and psychiatry were evil. They have a proper place in our life the same way sobriety has a proper place in a stoner's life.

19. I never had thoughts much like yours but I've had some anxiety issues, due mostly to illness that weakened my mind.  I found a good affirmation, which you can say to yourself when you have troubling thoughts.  Can't remember where I found it, but it's this:

I am relaxed, I am in control.  

You'd be amazed at how this can dispel troublesome thoughts, after you remember to use it.   

Can schizophrenia or autism be anything but a handicap?

I have generalized anxiety disorder but I don't make myself out to be a guru hermit. There certainly are savants but you're making it out to be not a handicap.