Should I see a doctor about this?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Misc, Mar 20, 2010.

1. #1 Misc, Mar 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2010
    So yesterday my friend and I planned to go shoot the AR15 at the range..

15 minutes before he arrived, I found a blood blister in my mouth, and was convinced that I was dying of cancer. I felt so intensely overwhelmed by fear that I was uneasy even after he arrived. He started telling me about a few rules of the range, how to fire a gun, etc.. I began to feel extremely feverish, and started sweating profusely. My vision succumbed to white fuzziness.

I said, right before I lost consciousness, "I think I'm about to pass out."

My friend caught me before I fell, and sat me down on the floor. I retained some element of consciousness--my thoughts were blissful and airy.. I can't explain or express them. It felt like I was out for an eternity, when it had only been fifteen seconds.

We talked it over after I came to--I figured it had something to do with not eating much that day, exponentiated by that suddenly dire fear of death

I've never had this happen before; I guess you would call it fainting, since I was only out for fifteen seconds. I felt normal afterward. I hadn't taken any drugs within the past 4 hours besides marijuana, and I smoke cigarettes occasionally.

Is this anything to worry about, or was it simply the situation which invoked this episode?

And the blood blister's gone today... so yeaaaa

2. could have been taht you freaked yourself out to the point of passing out, could have been dehydration, could have been lack of food, could have been an underlying medical condition, etc.

hows the blood blister today? have you felt any different lately besides the passing out?

if you were that intensely afraid ti wouldnt surprise me if thats what made u pass out, some people pass out if they see blood come from their own self etc.

3. That's exactly what did it to you. You freaked yourself out. I'm having issues myself and had to go see a doctor about it. I find out monday whether or not I need surgery which sucks.

I found myself doing that about a month ago when I figured out about my problem. I had a panic attack and got light headed as all fuck. I almost passed out in my car with my brother thinking about it. I was scared but then I realized I was working myself up.

Nothing to worry about because you did it to yourself. I know it's hard to remain calm in that type of situation but that will be the only thing that will prevent you from doing that again.

No need to worry...

4. yeah you should. but i highly doubt you passed out from the blister. the only reason you did was you scared yourself to the point you passed out. id go to a doctor thow anyways.

5. Yeah it was the fear that got you, not the blister that has cured it self. You might want to see a psychiatrist about fear this intense though, if its not a one time thing.

6. #6 Misc, Mar 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2010
    Cool, thanks for the replies fellas.

I'm a pretty laid-back person; I'd never felt so entangled in terror as I did then though. I didn't know what the blister meant (had never seen one of those before), so my mind just worked itself over until it imploded..

Friends tell me I'm a bit too analytical; I guess it got the best of me in this case lol

7. Were you high when it happenned? Weed can sometimes cause irrational paranoia.

8. I've never worked myself up to the point of feinting but I can definitely identify with what you're talking about now. I'd post details but I don't want to work myself into that state of mind again by thinking about it :\

9. the same thing actually happened to me, about a year ago. i was leaning on my friend's car, smoking a j with him, and i started getting into this thought loop were i just saw myself as an adult, and as an old man. basically i started realizing that i'm going to grow old and die one day. it really scared me in my high-ness. i started freaking out, sweating and shit. i got tunnel vision and fainted for about 10 seconds.
    i feel for you man, i think we experienced something similar. i don't really sweat it now, it really sucked when it happened though.. i also ate very little that day, so that may have been a factor

10. Youre probably fine. Sounds like you had a panic attack. They can be very scary like that I have them regularly. Even when you know its only a panic attack it's scary as hell.

If you are still worried you should see a doc, but the chances are you are fine.

btw that bold part reminded me of this video :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQwGFDnIVeU]YouTube - David Buckner faints on Glenn Beck's show[/ame]