Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I say something?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Skipdog, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Been dealing with “the same guy” for almost 20 years. Always on time and never had a problem until....
    I purchased a quarter pound last week and it was 10g short.
    NEVER have I had a problem with weight.
    I’m thinking of letting it pass as an oversight somewhere up the line from him. However, several friends have said that I should say something.

Say something or let it be?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. To late now. Always weigh while both parties are present otherwise keep your pie hole shut as it's your fault for not weighing when purchased.

<- carried a pocket scale for years when I was buying on the street.
    [​IMG]

Old school analog days.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  3. You’re right. I should have weighed before. Good point.
    So, just keep my pie hole shut and learn from this experience. Thanks. Peace

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. If it's a one off I'd probably let it go. Sounds like he's been pretty good for you over the years.

If it happens again then I'd probably say something. If the guy is cool and you're rather friendly with him then do it very nonchalant. Say something like "I just want to point out that the last bag was a tiny bit short. It's no big deal, just wanted to let you know."

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yepp. Figure 10 grams was a cheap lesson as I've been taken for far more then that.
    You can mention it if you buy from him again but don't press the issue. He may not have known and assumed it was correct.
    Weighing while all are present keeps everybody honest more or less.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  6. That's the worst measuring devise made IMO .
    I been short changed by people using those scales.
    If someone breaks out a set of scales like that then I am walking ....

• Like Like x 1
  7. I likely would to nowadays
    Actually back in the 1970s it was about all we had and a nickel is 5 grams so we always carried one as proof of accuracy.
    A triple beam was not exactly portable nor pocket friendly. :)
    Now thankfully we have far more options.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yes i started to smoke weed in the 70's too.
    Life was sure different then compared to now..
    Wow did this world ever change . I remember 10 dollar lid's and almost everyone thought MJ users were terrible people .
    I fully understand people using them way way back then .
    And as you said there are options , and this case they make tons of good pocket digital scales that work for awhile.
    Once the deal is done ......... most the time a problem is going to rub someone ego the wrong way .
    Nothing beats a set of triple beams ,, but damm they stick out like a sore thumb.
    I had a very bad experience buying weed from a guy using those analog scales .
    Anyway just my two cents brother .

• Like Like x 1
  9. Might have been 1/4 but slightly wet still when he received it. Dried a bit in his custody. Seen that a few times

• Like Like x 4
  10. You say he's been good to you over the past 20 years so I'd really just let it go unless he continues to do this sort of thing. Why rock the boat on a sure thing? But that's just what I'd have done in your position.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. UPDATE
    Yesterday I bought another qp. On time as usual. The weight was spot on. I didn’t mention the shortage from last purchase.
    He’s still.... my GUY.
    PEACE

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. If u had a dial a gram chances are u were dealing blow lolll

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. See there we go I am glad to hear this. <3 Peace out.

• Like Like x 2