Should I run both spectrums the whole way?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Snipp, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Ok, here's the deal. I have 220 total watts of 2700 CFLs and 105 watts of 6500 CFLs. A total of 325 actual watts. I want to grow 3 of my seedlings that are just sprouting. Should I run both spectrums the whole way so I have enough light for the three plants. I can't get anymore bulbs anytime soon, so this is my set up. Thanks is advance, this is my first grow.

2. What wattage per bulb? You need at least the 23-26 actual watt bulbs, the smaller ones just don't have the light intensity to do much good.

Assuming your bulbs are strong enough, you'll be OK for now. I would rotate the plants around a bit so the get the different spectra. You should switch out the 6500k for 2700k when it's time to flower though.

3. As of now I have the following in actual wattage:

4 x 26 watt 6500 CFL. 2 x 68 watt 2700 CFL, and 2 x 42 watt 2700 CFL. I actually have 324 watts total. 220 watts 2700 and 104 watts 6500 (daylight)

4. IMHO, it won´t do any harm. Might not be so efficient in terms of useful lumens you are paying for, though. Just my 2 cents.

5. thanks, anyone else have input?

6. i grew under a mixed spectrum and it did show promising results during veg. The plants grew a bit faster for a few weeks but then it maxed out. I say give it a shot and see. Different strains might react differently.,

7. I'm think I'm going to keep the extra 6500's when flowering. I figure I may as well get some use out of them. Plus, I can't see incorporating both spectrums as being detrimental to the plants. I read somewhere that adding 6500s can increase potency. IDK, it's worth a try.

8. i mix both spectrums, i dont know if it helps but it certinly doesnt hurt.