Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I res?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by raaf13, Feb 4, 2010.

1. I am a fairly new smoker and I just bought my first piece (spoon with a pretty big bowl). I have smoke a few times and the res is starting to build up. My friend says you let it build up and smoke it when its all black. But I have heard some people say that you should always have a clean piece. What should I do? If I decide to not let res build up, how often do I clean it?

2. I scrape for rez about every week or so, smoking a few times daily (friends using it). I get a hit of rez if i scrape it up that long. Its nice because I will smoke with some people and then I will scrape the rez out after the session and get even higher.

3. i personally try to scrape the bowl out good after every bowl. then ill clean it when it starts to taste bad. i dont save my resin tho, or smoke it.

4. Definitely save that res, it's still packed with our favorite chemical: THC! It may taste bad (have some Dew handy), but it will get you hiiiiiiigh!

5. Its basically tar so i would say try not to smoke it but if you have to then i guess

6. Best thing to do is let it build up for months so you get a shit ton to smoke when your out of bud for a while.

7. i say scrape the res out when it starts to build up and save it, smoke it once you've saved enough for a bowl. no sense letting it go to waste. after scraping, you can clean it with hot water if you want (i would).

8. DO IT. I just did after 6, YES 6 months of almost daily usage. I'm high as FUCK right now. I only took like 4 hits too, i had to quarter the bowl down because once its roasted it smokes like a mofucker.. i have like 4 more high as fuck smoked to go too

9. in highschool me and my friends would let the res build up..
    and when we were broke we would smoke that...
    it would work haha. fun times..

it usually depends on the smoker some people like their pieces clean some like the taste of res...i guess..haha

10. It's a preference and in my opinion, and acquired taste.

I usually don't but homies do, every now and then.

11. It depends what type of toker you are.

Most high end smokers that prefer good weed usually like a clean pipe. They hardly ever smoke resin and think it's pretty nasty. Like eating off of dirty dishes. They clean their pipes before any real noticeable gunk builds up on them. Usually their pipes are clear glass and it's easy to tell.

Other tokers that are less picky often smoke resin when they run out of weed. Or they might not smoke it but don't care enough to clean their pipe.

Most shwag smokers I've met love to smoke resin. They even have a very popular type of pipe called a "chamber pipe" that is built so you can pack about 3 grams of weed in the stem of the pipe. Then that gets super resinous and you smoke it later.

12. if you absolutely have to do it. do yourself a favor and smoke it through the bong. then do your bong a favor and clean out that nasty fucking resin smell

13. I wouldn't go close to the word "packed" to describe how much THC is in it. Maybe....laced.
    Resin has like 1% THC in it, it's mostly just tar.

As for letting it build, best not to. It just makes your weed taste like shit. Keep your pieces clean. Resin's basically just a disgusting byproduct from smoking. If you're too poor to buy bud, then sure smoke it. But as long as I have 5 bucks in my pocket to buy some weed, I won't be smoking resin.