Should I quit smoking for this guy?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by E_Angel, Feb 14, 2014.

1. There's this guy I'm really into but he said he said in order to date him I can't do any drugs. I'm cool with most of that, but I really don't want to quit smoking pot. I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

Built for sin

2. That's completely up to you. Which one do you like more, the guy or the bud? We can't decide this for you. We don't know the guy and we don't know you.

3. "in order to date" ......................no

In the end it's up to you. You seem to have answered your own question though.

4. If he doesn't like you for who YOU are, he can go fuck himself.

Don't change who you are, or what makes you happy, to make someone else happy...

5. Just be his friend. I have never done it since my ex didn't smoke. But there is nothing more appealing to me then to wake and bake with a girl after we wake up and go get breakfast tacos lol

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. No, he should stop being close minded.

but it's up to you. It's really not that hard to be sober I take really long breaks sometimes. I feel it is important to be content with a sober state.

7. Think about how you'll approach this situation in a couple of years, provided it becomes a long term thing. The newness has worn off, you're less inclined to impress -- are you going to be as disciplined about not smoking then?

My take is that, unless you already have the desire to change something about yourself, doing it for someone else is a fool's errand. Maybe not ditch him, but put it like, "Since you've accepted 70/80/90% (or however much) percent of me, that's about how much I can commit to you."

8. I wouldn't. My girl was against weed. now here we are, 7 years later, and I got some growing in the closet. If he wants to be with you, he will accept you for who you are ;) jm$.02

9. Never quit for someone else...if you want to quit for yourself, then fine...this is a decision you have to make for yourself...don't let someone else make it for you...

Pretending to be something that you're not for someone else is an express route to disappointment...for both of the people involved...

10. Is he completely on the straight and narrow?
    By that I mean he better not drink a sip of alcohol or smoke any tobacco, or even be using any prescription narcotics that could potentially be prescribed to him for long term use.
    If he doesn't use anything at all, and it a recovering drug addict/alcoholic I could understand.
    Without context we can't make this decision for you, but I think in most cases he wouldn't have a good reason for you to not smoke pot at all and his desire for you not to use is based in irrational beliefs or just straight ignorance.

11. Some of these people are wrong. You need to make compromises in relationships sometimes. And people cant tell you what to do because theres no right or wrong thing to do it just matters which you value more this guy your into or the use of weed.
    Id give it up for someone if I really liked them but Ill cross that bridge if I get to it.

12. I agree with this 100%.

13. What I hear is "I don't like you...change and then I will see if I like you!"...forget about him. There's a blade on here that has a girl like that. There should be a GC dating site...so stoners can find people like them.

14. Don't change yourself for this guy, if he truely like you, he will like you for the way you are.

I dont do drugs, I set plants on fire and breathe.

15. Breakfast tacos!! Bro ain't nothing like some real breakfast tacos boy let me tell you..

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app