SHOULD I PULL THE PLUG??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Rickysmokes420, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Hi there,
    New to this site/forum, also new to growing marijuana. I started off with about 8 seeds I believe and 7 turned into small plants, I’m pretty sure only one of them was female because it was the only one with hairs coming off of it. It was also the tallest of all my other plants also. I threw out the other plants a couple of weeks ago and now I’m left with one plant. It stands almost 6ft tall, I just had to move it into my bathroom because it was too tall for my closet. I think I transplanted it late because the bottom of the stem has no leaves and is really skinny. I have a pole in the pot with a string tied about the stem so that it doesn’t limp over. My leaves however look almost shiny and they are dark green leaves they are starting to droop. I’m not sure if the plant is dead or is about to die or if there is anything I can do to save it. I water it whenever the soil feels dry and the light is on for more than 12 hours a day.

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Oh, my! That's still going to put on a fair bit of height too, by the look of it.

I'd try to bend it right over. Grab the tip and gently pull it down as far as you can, then tie it off. You should be able to 1/2 the height of it without snapping it.

3. I don't often offer this. But I'd be happy to help you through an entire grow if you'd like.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Seriously? Why would you want to help me for that long of a period lol

5. This is hilarious

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Because you need the help. :)

7. Lmao

8. Normally I would say let it finish, but at this point you are probably wasting time that would be better spent growing a plant properly. I would recommend tossing that plant, getting better lighting, ordering a cheap pack of feminized seeds, and starting over. There is plenty of information in this forum to have a successful grow if you take time to read it.

9. Yes that I do lol. I had 2 plants last year around this time and they were about the height of the one I have in that pic but way more bushy. I think they were make though because I didn’t really see the hairs. The one my cats ate and the other one I put outside and it flopped over dead lmao. Now I have this one. I understand I didn’t transplant it quick enough because it got too tall too quick and just grew in height didn’t get the branches. I think I had the light too high up maybe.

10. You're light is way way way to far. Is that light that high from seed?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. True.. I never really intended for it to workout I just kind of planted a bunch of seeds and started experimenting. I had a couple last year too but they didn’t turn out either lol. But not I’m getting to the point where I’m not thinking maybe I should actually do some research and do it properly instead of wasting time experimenting when other people have already done so lol

12. No I had it on buckets so that it was somewhat close. When it started to touch the light I removed a bucket. Lol

13. If you want help, all I ask is that you do what I say and when I say to do it.

What light do you have? Do you have a way to contain the smell or is that not an issue?

14. There is nothing wrong with experimenting. At least you know that you have the ability to keep a plant alive, which is more than many people achieve. If you decide to invest in a proper setup and research, I think you will do quite well.

15. I think I posted a picture of the light I have. The one from tsc 40 watt. I live in the country smell doesn’t matter

16. You need to invest in a better light (or switch to outdoors, but I'm an indoor grower).

Are you able to buy a better light?

17. I was thinking about doing both actually. Depends how much the light is how much hydro is uses

18. Is there a way I can PM you on here?

19. I think you'll find that doing some research on here and other sites will save you time, stress and money. When I first started growing I bought a "2000w" LED, ~350w actual from the wall. I paid $300 for it. It's not a bad light......but it's not nearly as good as the HLG Quantum Board LEDs I'm using now. And The HLGs are an amazing value for the price. If you're serious about growing inside with LEDs you should check them out.

I love experimenting too. I've "wasted" months of grow time on plants(mainline cough cough..) Most of the extra time is usually the result of mistakes I made while learning. But I'm of the opinion, as long as you learned something, it's not a waste. That said.....a lot of the mistakes I've made, someone told me I was going to make or making. So, my best advice here is, if you ask for advice and get answers....listen.

20. God thats great lol. Reminds me of the charlie brown christmas tree.

Was the light in the same place the entire grow? Or have you been raising it?

• Winner Winner x 1