Should I join a gym?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Jeffersong808, Jun 6, 2012.

1. I'm thinking of joining my local YMCA gym to go workout with my friend. Would this be a good choice? I workout at home but have enough money to get a membership. Is it worth it? why?:confused:

2. You have to decide if it's worth it. If you think that working out with your friend at the Y will be significantly better than working out alone at home, it's worth it.

Possible benefits
    Meet new people, make new friends
    Equipment you don't have at home like a leg press or leg curl machine
    Swimming pool, basketball court, racketball

Drawbacks
    gotta drive there (how far is it, how much extra time will the travel add to your workouts?
    harder to listen to your owm workout music
    crowds
    they have a closing time

if your friend quits going would you still go?

I'd say go for it. It's a life experience, you'll get out of the house and live and learn.

3. Definitely go. They have all kinds of equipment that will help you further progress in your path to fitness

4. I don't know anything about YMCA gyms as far as equipment and costs though. But generally speaking, gym memberships are totally worth it, as long as you stick to it and go regularly.

5. "Should I join a gym?"

-Yes

6. It will change your life OP.

Do it.

7. A lot of yoga pants there

8. Definitely join a gym, the ymca around here is full of brahs though so I'd join a different gym unless you wanna be mirin all the brahs at the gym. For example, I joined snap fitness, that shits open 24/7 and it's usually just old people with the odd teenager every once in a while. The only draw back is that the dumbbells only go to 100 pounds but if 100 pound dumbbells are too light for you then you'll have a sick physique anyway.

9. The YMCA gives you A LOT of classes to choose to do when you're a member. Swimming, biking, yoga, weight lifting classes, there are tons.

I loved my YMCA, but I moved so I canceled it.

10. Yes join YMCA especially if yours is epic. Mine has mini golf,rolling skateing, ice skate,arcade pool, batting cage workout place 2 of em a track bball court

11. Yeah the Y is a good place to start if you wanna get in the work out routine.

12. Young man! Theres no need to feel down....