Should I go ahead and Harvest?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 420via502, Jul 30, 2016.

1. I'm having issues keeping my leaves healthy in the final week or so of flowering. The small leaves close to the buds are even being effected now. I've turned off two of my lights to try to reduce the heat, one more recent than the other. Leaves have continued to turn purple and taco pretty bad. Was just wondering if someone with the know thinks it would be a good idea to go ahead and harvest? Or have any other ideas.

Attached Files:

2. I see maybe 5-10% amber trichs but could be less, that's from a small sample size.

3. in my experience when they get close to harvest time the leaves yellow, much like yours.

but the pistils seem to be mostly whitish as far as i can tell. are you giving it the required amounts of nutrient? are you flushing?

i like the heady high so at around 5% i cut my down

4. Posting pictures under LED lighting is a waste of time for us. We can't tell much about your plants at all other than they look purple in the pictures. Take pictures under normal lighting before you post....PLEASE! It's perfectly normal for plants to shed leaves the closer to harvest you get as the plant puts all it's energy into finishing off the buds during the last week or two and stops sending any nutrition to the leaf. Yours, from what I can tell in these pictures, look pretty crispy to me though so I really don't know...because of the LED lighting. I can tell that you had insufficient lighting for this number of plants because each picture I see shows me a long tall very thin, underdeveloped bud. You flowered way too many plants under one light. You have to be realistic about how many plants one of these lights will actually support and don't crowd in a bunch under one lamp thinking you'll get more because you're flowering more plants. You just get a bunch of underdeveloped plants and buds. I don't know what size or type light you're using there, but next time only try flowering 1 or 2 plants under it and see the huge difference it makes. You also need to learn how to use the light you do have to get the most out of it. The higher away from the plants you put the light, the further the plants will stretch to get to it. However, LED tends to burn hot to young seedlings, so you have to be careful not to fry them with it in the beginning. But as the plant becomes more established and growing good, you bring the light down a bit closer to it over time till you get it down as far as you can safely hang it without burning the plants. Again, I can't tell a thing about your plants but you don't detect whether it's harvest time or not by what the plant looks like anyway. You have to have a form of magnification strong enough to be able to see an individual trichome and tell what the percentage of amber is in side it. You want at least 25% amber in each before you pull the plant. Letting it go long isn't going to hurt it, only make it more potent.

Before you grow anything else, you need to do some reading up on how to grow and tend the plant the right way and figure out how many plants your lighting will actually support and grow out the right way. Each plant needs plenty of space to naturally open up and let light down into the undergrowth of the plant too...another reason why crowding up a bunch under a light isn't good. Get a loupe....the little jeweler's thing to look at diamonds. They're fairly cheap. I picked one up for under $20. But you have to have something like that in order to see a trichome. TWW

5. @The Widow Dick: That's one plant partner. Jesus fucking christ, are you always that condescending? I had 4 separate LED's by the way, I doubt it was insufficient light, more like too much heat. You're on fire, dick head. What other great knowledge do you have for me? Also, I'm not worried about leaf shedding, I'm fucking worried about purple leaves that are tacoing. Did you even read my post?

As I said if anyone has any knowledge I'd be more than grateful. Thanks for your not asshole reply dedicated... To answer your question, i think I probably messed up when it came to flushing.

6. dont flush yet those buds are hardly ripe got a few weeks to go still feed them regularly

7. I'm thinking I stunted the growth with heat. All my leaves are starting to have a hard time. And it feels like it's been in flower forever, but I'm an idiot and didn't keep track.

8. temps 70-80... the highest my room gets any more is 74

9. mine has been running 80-86 throughout the day. That's why i started shutting lights down, trying to control the temp. but hasn't seemed to work. About to add a box fan.

10. I'm so far in that i dont want to wait til there f'd but at the same time if I can get them healthy i'd like to finish them properly. I try not to panic but I think that's why i'm in this situation, plus it's the first grow so I have a ton to learn.

11. Why are you being so rude dude? Can't take some criticism without name calling?

Btw, that happens to the leaves when the lights are too close and they are losing too much moisture.

12. The dude is an asshole, it's all about context. Plus he went on and on about stuff that he wasn't right about or that I wasn't asking about. I've done my research. I usually look 1 or 2 new things up a day. I don't expect to be talked to like a clown. Nothing he said was informative. As you can see by my convos with the other two posters, I can have a civilized conversation. I'm happy to have knowledge laid upon my lap, when it's knowledge and not someone talking down to me or some incorrect rant.

13. I can tell that you had insufficient lighting for this number of plants because each picture I see shows me a long tall very thin, underdeveloped bud.

Doubt it.

You flowered way too many plants under one light. You have to be realistic about how many plants one of these lights will actually support and don't crowd in a bunch under one lamp thinking you'll get more because you're flowering more plants. You just get a bunch of underdeveloped plants and buds. I don't know what size or type light you're using there, but next time only try flowering 1 or 2 plants under it and see the huge difference it makes

One plant. But you know what they say about assumptions.

Again, I can't tell a thing about your plants but you don't detect whether it's harvest time or not by what the plant looks like anyway.

I don't want to know if they're ready to harvest by pistil or trich, I want to know If i'm killing them and if I should go ahead and harvest.

Before you grow anything else, you need to do some reading up on how to grow and tend the plant the right way and figure out how many plants your lighting will actually support and grow out the right way.

I've done my reading. It's my first grow. You have to learn from experience. I needed advice, he offered nothing helpful.

14. Btw, that happens to the leaves when the lights are too close and they are losing too much moisture.

Now that makes sense, and leads to me doing something to help my plants and not hurt them like the other guy had basically said by suggesting they weren't getting enough light.

I may be a rude asshole, but ignorant people shouldn't chime in.

15. If that doesn't sit well with you then you probably also agree with supporting the terrorist state of Israel.

16. 1000w hps grow ive got blackberry thats flowering nicely, purple haze auto really starting to put on some pistils, and the kosher tangie, 2 cream caramel, and cherry bomb are starting to level out growth wise and starting to flower too... it smells nice in here.