Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Depression Should I give my mom weed

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Carni, Jan 31, 2019.

1. I am successfully treating my life long depression/anxiety with weed. My mom is depressed too, especially since our cat died. I gave her CBD but she stopped taking it because she said it didn't do anything. What is a good and safe CBD:THC ratio I could give her? If she gets high she will not take it well and swear off of it forever. Which is exactly what I had said after my first time (horrible trip) hehe.

2. Does she drink Alcohol ??
    Remember many people only know the official propaganda line of crap that has been put out since 1930 like Reefer Madness or the D.A.R.E. crap that came along in the 80-90s After that failed and was defunded in 1998 I can't think of what bullshit program came after that but it was more of the same failed party line.

If she tried CBD she can't be all that adverse to trying the actual herb. Set her down and have a reasonable talk about it's possible advantages. It helps with many body aches and pains many of us older people have and it is what keeps me on my feet after 3 rounds of surgeries that left me in agonizing pain.

I'm in my mid 60s and have used Cannabis most of my life as a recreational drug but it is far more for pain use now.
    Whether it will help with her depression is a 50-50% shot. Some it helps and some it doesn't. Only experimentation will tell for sure.

BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Seducing old ladies I was born for(unfortunatly)

buy her a cat ..tell her it yours

and you wanna her to look after it for a few days /wink

I'd go the editable route first, (cookies and cakes)

get mom to make cookies for you

then the smoking later if required

make it a sharing caring thing but like many western moms

will be extremely suspicous at first

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  4. If you're going to give your mother weed micro dose it for her if it's a J she's hitting let her have a couple hits then wait 15-30 mins to see how she feels before having more.. if it's a bong/pipe she's hitting also only let her have a hit or two then wait

That's the advice I always give people when they first smoke & also make sure she has some munchies/drinks around incase she gets dry mouth/hungry lol

5. No she does not even drink alcohol. Just takes pharmaceuticals. She knows CBD is from weed. I don't think she has a bad misconception of it. But if she gets high she will freak out and never do it again. So I'm thinking a high CBD tincture with just a bit of THC. She is not gonna take bong hits.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Do you live in a medical state where you could talk to the budtender?
    CBD does nothing for my depression. It does help me by making me feel calmer.
    If you live in a medical state, I'd buy a gram of low thc of an Indica with some cbd and only let her take a couple hits at the most.