Should i get an xbox or ps3?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by GanjFarmer', Jan 21, 2013.

1. Opinions? I like ps3 because of free online. But I like Xbox because of the online community. Which is best for a stoner like myself.

2. Rumored Xbox 720 specs: 8-core processor, 8GB of RAM, 800MHz GPU - Yahoo! News

3. PC is all you need..

4. I started a thread it's on first page about PC and console mate lots of info in there but PC defo seems the majority depending what you like but ps3 and Xbox I would say Xbox just because ps3 yes it's free but a lot of people get network issues and occasionally has prolonged periods of downtime

5. Wait for the next gen consoles. They will be coming soon enough, and you'll feel outdated when all your friends have this badass xbox 720, or a PS4.

6. If that rumor is true, then that processor has a terrible clock speed.

7. But it can do 8 different things at the same time, when a single core processor can still do mjltiple things at the same time.

My netbook is a single core 1.6 ghz processor and it's plenty fast until you multi task, or throw up hd vids. If it had 8 cores there wouldn't be a problem in the world.

... man technology is advancing quickly. I remember when intel first came out with the dual core.

8. #9 glazedKnuckles, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2013
    [quote name='"SonnyCheebah"']If that rumor is true, then that processor has a terrible clock speed.[/quote]

Nah, it's extremely power efficient and when all the cores are being utilized it fucking shreds.

But yeah I'm getting the next playstation. I've had an Xbox 360 since launch, and seen what it has to offer as far as Halo, Gears of War and fable and what have you. See I don't really play those much, and I'm tired of paying $50 a year for access to services with seperate memberships.

At least with playstation plus you get to play free games, and probably other cool shit that I dont even know about. Not to mention next-gen MGS, god of war, littlebigplanet, Uncharted, Ratchet and clank, whatever the developers of Heavy Rain make etc.

I hope it plays ps3 games so I can get The last of us

9. That sounds cool. But next gen models aren't coming out for a couple months so I'm looking for something to play now.

10. I'd still say ps3

11. Traditionally, the next gen pony slaystations can play all the older games. The PS3 can even play PS1 games.

12. Build a gaming PC. If you need help let me know.

13. [quote name='"Raizor"']

Traditionally, the next gen pony slaystations can play all the older games. The PS3 can even play PS1 games.[/quote]

Yeah but not ps2 games. At least not anymore

14. Probably the newer ones. I've had several friends with 3's that I've put a PS2 game in and played on it.

Unless they released a system update that destroyed that.

15. #16 SonnyCheebah, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2013
    You guys are wrong. There's no point in having eight cores if my quad-core beats it with a stock clock speed of 3.2ghz. Games nowadays don't even use all cores as it is. Why would another four even be a thing yet? It's painfully obvious that they are going to compensate for having an outdated GPU.

16. Time and the release will tell.

I never buy anything that's brand spankin fuckin new and hasn't been tested by consumers anyways. Unless it's a game.

17. Wait for new consoles if I were you. Hell you could pick up a old fat ps3 or a old white 360 for cheap now

18. It's wild to think that the 360 didn't even have a Hdmi when it first came out

19. Uhhhh. It must be lied to about this 360 I play on then. Supposedly it's one of the first, and I play in HD yo....