Should i get a pet snake?

Discussion in 'General' started by ThatFriendlyGuy, May 16, 2011.

1. I was thinking bout getting a simple ball python to start off with. I absolutly love snakes. Anybody out here own a snake or have any advice? I heard they make good pets.

2. I've always wanted a ball python. Red tailed boas are cool looking too.

Go for it if you do your research and care for it.

3. Yeah ball pythons are fun, especially when it comes to feeding, super bad ass

4. i had a ball python once it got up to like 8 feet and broke out of its cage when i wasnt home never saw it again, probably out anaconda'ing bitches.

5. Ive done alot of research so far. I definetly will care for it. He can be my blaze buddy. Me and him will just chill when im high and itll feel so awesome slitherin around in my hand. Some people have dogs as blazebuddies but ill have a snake. XD. Plus itll look fucking awesome in the tank.

6. Until that day you're super high and forget he's around your neck.

7. Yeah until that day.

8. that's some 1000 ways to die shit right there.

9. I always wanted a snake too. They're awesome creatures.
    Get one if you have the room. I've heard that Ball Pythons are really picky eaters though.

10. Yeah they can be. Sometimes theyre in the mood for live mouse (awesome) and sometimes they want like prekilled mouse (not so awesome).
    Either way you only feed em once every couple of days so its all good. Which also means you scoop their shit out once a week or so. And they dont smell bad. So it beats hamsters and all that shit.

11. I started off with a ball python then like 3 months later gave it to my friend and got a Red Tail Boa then after 2 years gave it to a pet shop.

They are cool but you have to feed them mice then rats then huge rats, it gets expensive and a pain to clean their cage and after smelling there shit it made me not want to hold it anymore because all I thought of was that horrid smell.

But if you don't mind going to the pet store once a week and paying for live or frozen rats, they are a really cool pet to have and can be fun but if you get a RTB watch out because they can get huge.

Everytime I would have a party everyone would want me to take it out of its cage so they could hold it and some of the girls actually loved it.

12. Milk snakes r cool [​IMG]

13. I already have a pet snake. Women may stroke it as they please.

On a serious note a pet snake would be fucking boss :D

14. Yeah i was just gonna buy frozen mice in bulk of like 20 or so. Keep it in my basemnet freezer. Mice arent that expensive either do that should last me a while. And naw i read a bit about rtb's and i decided with ball pythons. Theyres some sweet design out there like piebalds and black eye lucistic or someshit. Its pure white with these awesome eyes. Heres some picks.

15. Here ya go. Most of em have labels.

Attached Files:

16. Theres loads more. Just a few random ones. Including the ones i mentioned.

17. #17 Mr. Mojorising, May 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2011
    Snakes are great pets just make sure you read up before deciding what kind to get. You need to consider how big it will grow and the type of cage it will require in the future. Also remember some snakes live a long time many boas and pythons easily live thirty to fifty years in captivity, wild snakes have a shorter lifespan. I have a ball python I have had since 1990 balls can live more than forty years in captivity, the world record being forty eight years.

Here is the link to the GC reptile thread if you have any questions post there and someone will be happy to help you.

http://forum.grasscity.com/science-nature/520508-reptile-owners-unite.html

18. Woah i didnt even know there was one! Thanks bro!!

19. i have a snake like this, it's a anerythristic corn snake
    [​IMG]

20. #20 ThatFriendlyGuy, May 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Dude that snake looks awesome. What does it eat?