should i get a lip ring?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jeo, Dec 2, 2010.

1. lol i feel the same way without my earring in

2. Why the fuck do people put metal through their faces? it looks freakish to me, always has

I know you can counter argue this saying well whats the point of tattoos then, or wearing jewellery. Well tattoos have artistic value to them and weatring jewellery such as necklaces, watches and earrings make people look fresh and stylish. a piece of metal thru the eyebrow looks pathetic

3. Opinions. Guess I look like a super freak. BOO!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt4xlYXh0Fw]YouTube - Super Freak- Rick James[/ame]
    lmao the original video was just...ridiculous.

4. people who look different from me are freaky. :eek:

5. If you want one you should get it. Im sure that it's not that hard to care for one, but I might be wrong. I don't see the appeal in them, but if its something that you like then go for it.

6. It's not hard to care for them, just mouth wash after doing anything except drinking water, that includes smoking

and I recommend buying Bactine its in a white spray bottle with a green top and words and a big red circle, for the outside, it helps a lot with the pain if it gets infected, and also cleans and disinfects it

7. thanks for the info, but i mean just day to day life, does it get caught on things, are certain foods harder to eat, make kissing weird, click against teeth, immpossible to ignore, that stuff

basicly anything about it thats a pain in the ass

8. The bold is the only problems... I have a constant click on my teeth when I talk, and sometimes it is hard to ignore and I contemplate taking them out for good... but if they get too annoying you can switch to a silicone retainer and it feels as if nothing is there...

9. This what it is OP, go big or go home

10. #30 nascarfan, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2010
    Just like any piercing you'll get used to it after a while and it won't interfear with your life. Just takes a bit of time.

A little hint? Get a stud instead of a ring, they heal easier and get in the way less. Also, care for your piercing after it's healed just includes and occassional washing. Nothing too laborous.

As for care during the healing period, you'll do sea salt soaks. 1/4 tsp of noniodized sea salt per 8 fl oz of water. Use warm as a direct soak for the outside of your piercing, and swish like a mouth wash for the inside. You'll do these cleanings twice a day. But you'll also need to do a rinse after every time you eat or drink anything that isn't water, kiss, etc. Make sure you use barriers for oral sex too. Some people like to use mouth wash to rinse after eating, which is fine, just make sure it's nonalcoholic. Smoking (anything) isn't recommended while it's healing, but if you do, just rinse after.

I say go for it. If you decide you don't like it, you can always take it out.

Things to avoid putting on your piercing: Alcohol, peroxide, any kind of ointment, bactine (I know another user recommended that, and no disrespect, but it's really not good for use on piercings. Manufacturer even says so:http://www.bactine.com/bactinefaq.htm it's about halfway down the page), soap, pretty much anything but sea salt soaks and nonalcoholic mouth wash.

As for price, there's no industry standard, it differs from shop to shop, and regionally. You could pay as low as $20, you could pay more than $50. It just depends on where you go. Beware, however, that you do get what you pay for. If you find a shop that does the piercing significantly cheaper than any other shop in your area, that's a big clue that the piercer may not be up to par. I'd say $35 is a reasonable low price, and as high as $60 on the higher end of things. Things to know regarding price: top shelf quality jewelry will cost you more, internally threaded will cost you more, and an APP certified piercer will cost you more. That doesn't mean you should avoid these things, you just need to know that's why one piercer may charge more than another.

11. Oh, and if you find that the jewely rubs against your teeth and gums, and that is irriating for you, you can get a biocompatable plastic stud after you're healed (or initially if the shop you go to carries them). Brands names are bioplast and bioflex.

12. As I advised the OP, you should try a biocompatable plastic stud, they're much less irritating and completely safe too.

13. One could say the same thing about smoking weed could they not? It's just a personal preference. Some people get pleasure and satisfaction by modifying their bodies. Just like we get pleasure and satisfaction from smoking weed.

14. Well for some people it works, I just think it's how you wear it and present
    yourself. From most people I see, it's just a rebellious thing or a fad. But I
    do know and can tell the difference from when it's an extension of one's self.
    I respect that a lot, to not do something because you wanted to be cool or
    something fun/random but because it represents some part of you.

Most people it just doesn't look good because it doesn't go with the flow of
    what I see, but that's it, what I see. I think it covers up the beauty of some
    people because all I can see is this damn thing hanging out of your mouth
    and I just want it gone. Two of my best friends have lip piercings, and one
    of them it just really works well and other one, I HATED it.

I have to say though, there are some really beautiful people with great
    piercings because it was right for them, then I can look past all that and see
    wow this really wonderful thing. Like how tattoos are an extention of one's
    self and there's those great stories and the passion they have for them. If
    I don't see that in someone with a piercing, I just feel you made a mistake.

:)

15. Noope! You're hot. Nose piercing are fucking so sexy,

16. I agree you're sexy as hell

17. Fuck any piercing near my dick, don't listen to that, I don't see it being worth it. Lip rings are hot on chicks, just started dating one with one and I like it, although I'm concerned how it will feel on my dick.

18. you dont really notice it at all.. same with a tongue ring..
    but I love kissing girls that has a lip ring(s)

19. Good to know, and yes I am most pleased with the kissing action + lip ring noveltiness of it all.

20. Had snakebites for a year and ended up taking them out.. Honestly the experience wasn't anything special if I could re do life I would have just spent that $70 on something else