Should I Get a "Cigarette" One-Hitter?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by MarijuanaMole, May 22, 2011.

1. I apologize if this belongs in "Apprentice Tokers", but I figured it'd be better suited here. I also apologize if this has been asked multiple times, the search function tends to shit the bed for me a lot more than the rest of you. My bad if I made either of these mistakes.

I've been tempted to pick up one of those fake cigarette one-hitters at my local smoke-shop. The place I shop at is kind of shady (it's in an Asian marketplace) but it has a pretty sweet selection and I've bought a number of products from them before that I've never had problems with. The only reason I mention this is because Digger seems to be the go-to brand for these things, and given the shadiness of my retailer this thing probably won't be a digger, but rather a generic piece.

TL;DR: Should I buy a fake cig one-hitter that isn't Digger brand?

2. No its made from aluminum. No.

3. ive gone through a few. never paid more than $10 for one and thats the one im using now with the little grinder teeth on it. the others were like $5 and theyd get just too shitty to use so i toss 'em. mine fits perfectly in the jar i use for my mobile bud, so highway rides to and from work are pretty awesome.
    The glass ones are more expensive and taste better, but imo, not worth it.

4. oh shit i didnt even think about this. are all the metal ones made from aluminum?

5. ive used em, never thought about it either... but im sure if its metal it cant be good.

glass chillum ftw

6. fuck i just got my new metal cig with the teeth(which is awesome btw) and at the shop i was kinda like, "well if there's practically no difference i should just get the cheap metal one durr durr durr" now im gonna have to go back and be like "lemme get one of those glass ones cause im a retard"

7. Nothing wrong with an aluminum one hitter just don't light it with an oxy acetylene torch

8. like a lighter?

9. they have glass cig one hitters
    i'd get this
    it's a glass cigar chillum

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. I've never seen the glass cigg ones before. What is the problem with aluminum? I haven't heard that before...please inform me. Cause I like mine on certain rare occasions and they are cheep so wouldn't expect them to hold up long.

11. I have bought a few of them and they work fine. Their disposable pretty much and when one gets dirty I just pick up another. A local dispensary sells them for$ 2 so at that price their great. Would never spend over 10 on one. Probably 5 at most

12. smoking aluminum is aparently pretty harmful. Do some googling but essentially it releases neuro-toxins and other poisons that can lead to osteoporosis and/or alzheimers.

13. thanks- I'll probly not smoke it again then as I had a stroke in December so not wanting any more neurological stuff (already trying to get more away from smoking usage) but I'll probably keep an eye out for a glass one.

14. I made my own glass one hitter with a mouthpeice and all looks like i bought it, but it also looks like a crackpipe

15. theres nothing wrong with a metal cig one hitter pipe. very durable