Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I fight U.S Customs?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by iVape, May 27, 2010.

1. Recently I bought a $40.00 waterpipe off grasscity. Its been a few weeks and nothing, but today I got a letter in the mail from U.S customs saying they took my "Glass Bong". I don't see how they have the right to call it a "Bong." It could easily be used for tobacco or something else. Is their anyway I could get it back without going to court or paying customs the domestic value of it? Or should I just forget about it, which I rather not.

2. Walk away, its just another risk that you should understand when ordering water pipes off the internet..especially internationally.

3. I see no risk if water pipes are legal in the U.S.

4. Google for the customs laws lol and what you can do about it.

5. Welcome to the wonderful United States of America! Where we talk all kinds of shit about liberty and freedom while laughing at you behind your back and draining you of any rights you once thought you had!

6. What are you going to do? Sue them over a 40$ water pipe? They would probably use something like that as a blow to legalization or something.. >.>

"Look how much this stoner wants to get high, hes SUING us!"

This is all hypothetical, but the dumb masses wouldn't see it as fighting for your freedom, but chasing your high.

Theres nothing you can really do, they're U.S. "Customs." They determine what is and isn't appropriate for you to have. BUT, their job IS to keep ILLEGAL goods from being exchanged, which is not the case here.

The U.S. government is the handler that keeps you on a leash. A long, long, LONG leash. And as you chase trivial experiences and the "American Dream", you forget whose holding it.

7. One of the customs agents is probably hitting it as we speak, sorry man.

8. Picture the vault, where they stash all the confiscated water pipes...that would be amazing..sike they probably just sell em to local headshops.

9. Yes, you're right. The Government has a knack of making battles very difficult and costly to avoid or cover up the fact that they themselves are breaking laws.

This is the real difference in being right, and being in control. When you hold true power and control, you no longer really have to care about right or wrong, because chances are there not a fucking thing you can do about it. Unfortunately, our Government shows this trait more often than not, and it sickens me.

While you make a good point here, don't forget who puts those elected representatives of our fine Government in their seats.

I'm pretty certain that the current Congress and Administration will know who still has some power to effect change after this November.

10. i hope by your not saying that the people put the elected officials in their seats, because that just isnt true..shit we dont even pick our own president an electoral college does so even if someone gets less votes from

11. Consult a lawyer. You can probably make a decent case for them to return your piece.

12. Great idea except what lawyer is going to try to get a $40 pipe back?

One hour of lawyer time is at least $100

13. I sure hope so. But I got this eerie feeling about the November ballet being tampered with, after all oil will lose a lot of ground with the bio-diesel fuels cannabis can make.

14. If you live in Florida, maybe that has something to do with it. Either way, that sucks man. At least it wasn't some 500 dollar RooR or something though.

15. Thanks for the replies, I read over the letter they sent me and it appears one of the options is:
    So does this mean all I would have to do is send them a letter explaining why the use for it is not for illegal substances (which it is :smoking:) and is not a bong but a water pipe?

Also my friend said once you get caught by customs they check all your packages from now on. Is this true in any way?

also I leave in New Jersey.

16. You mean the pharmaceutical companies and other lobbying giants that donate millions apon millions of dollars to prohibitionists and not to people who are supportive of marijuana reform, giving those people almost zero chance of getting elected, you can't fight millions of dollars worth of advertising and slander except with more advertising and more slander.

17. File for relief. Emphasis that you checked with local law enforcement over the legality of possession and they say as long as there is no illegal residue your cool. :smoking: