should i feel like an asshole for this?

Discussion in 'General' started by KansasToker, Jul 31, 2009.

1. so I was gonna have an acquaintance who just moved into my apt building (not really a close friend) go get me a bag, he was gonna get it at 11, but then he said it would maybe have to be tomorrow. I assumed this meant it would be tomorrow. I walked down the block to get some snacks and ran into a friend, I jumped into his car and he gave me a free bowl pack after I asked him if he knew where I could get some bud. Well this shit was some straight fire, and he said he could get some tomorrow for me. Well at 12:15 or so, the other guy comes down and knocked on my door asking for the money to go get the bag (the bud he was getting was ok, nothing amazing). I kind of played it off like the person I was splitting it with backed out, and then he said he'd split it with me and I kind of had to lie and say I really didn't have as much money as I thought I did. He was sort of annoyed and said he told his dealer he was headed over. Well I know I'm getting some bomb bud tomorrow which will be better, but did I act like an asshole? I think he could tell I was lying at first. I don't know this guy too well and didn't want to come off like one but I didn't want to waste my money either...(and I'm pretty broke now as it is).

2. Should've been straight up with the dude. How hard is it to say "sorry man, but I already found a sack."

3. ^^^

Just say you were really looking for some good nug and you found it, next time.

But if you want this hookup again you should probably help a brother out, if you know what I mean.

4. yeah you guys are right. Oh well, live and learn I guess. Well I'm moving out of this town in just a few days so I won't really need the hookup anymore and I'll probably never see this guy again after, but still I guess it's bad karma I wasn't thinking at the time

5. as i have sold to my neighbor before, i know how that is. i wasnt big or anything i was just a middle man.

i wasnt marking up or nothing i was just letting him smoke me out when i got him his bid. but sometimes that would mean that i dont have anything on me at the time and so i would have to go get it like 5 miles away.

then i come back or i am about to leave and get his money and he says dont worry. he got some on the way.

its all about business. if you like the other guy's product better, then go with that. im not gonna go to a grocery store and look at all their bruised up apples and bananas and say well its all they have and buy from them,

id rather go to the store that i know has bomb ass apples and bananas. hell a banapple would hit the spot right about now.

6. yeah for sure. Oh well, if I get some bud I'll offer to smoke him out. Like I said I'm leaving this city in just a few days so I'm not really worried about new connects or anything. And I guess its not nearly as bad as if he had already gotten it and was asking for the money, he had just had his guy call him when he could get the weed, all he had to do is text him back never mind the guy backed out. it was only an eighth. But yeah, like lukas said I should have just been straight up with him. At the same time I still have my $30 (which is a lot when you've got around 100 in the back, lol).

7. well I completely forgot to mention, I gave him a glass spoon today since he told me he didn't have a piece yet. It was only a $20 or $25 spoon but something he could smoke out of since he just moved in and I have plenty of pipes and am about to move anyways.