Should I even bother growing next year?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Mac11, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Hey GC,

Well, this years grow was an epic failure. I started with 9 plants and five of them were massacred by deer/rabbits, grasshoppers, and something that likes to dig (skunk, racoon?). I transplanted them and came back the next day and those five were gone.

I have 3 rather large plants and 1 straggler. I found out today that my last large plant is another male. I do not know about the stragglers sex right now, but it is only about a foot and a half tall, so I really don't care at this point.

Out of 3 legitimate plants, I got 3 legitimate males. Fucking sucks. I don't know if it was stress or what, but I figured I could at least get a female or two. One of the males was a feminized Barney's Farm Sweet Tooth. They definitely have "balls." There are clusters of little pods above the nodes. No "hairs" or pistils.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am planning for next year right now, but the more I think about it, the more I wonder if I should even bother. There is so much ditch weed EVERYWHERE around my area. I have already seen some 10-12' monster males with pollen sacks up the wazoo. I would guess about 150-200 pollen sacks on some of the larger plants. I gave one a good shake today and there was a cloud of pollen in the air. It was incredible. Some of the female ditch weed plants are quite large too... probably 10' or so tall.

I think it is virtually impossible to get some females that aren't almost completely seeded. There is just too much ditch weed. I have seen acres upon acres of it growing in pastures and such. And the fact that a single male can pollinate a female from about 1 mile away, makes this endeavor even more difficult.

I would literally have to go around my grow area in a 1 mile radius and spray the ditch weed plants to even get a chance at some relatively unseeded buds.

Do you think I should even bother with growing? I put so much work, time, and effort into this grow, and I got absolutely nothing. I actually got more bud last year when I threw a random bag seed into a pot and forgot about it. I did this in August last year and got about a quarter. I did nothing to help it out.

Should I attempt looking for some places that don't have ditch weed? It seems almost impossible, because it is so easy to overlook.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you guys think?