Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

should i do my health class project about hemp?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DankSmoker2181, Dec 8, 2011.

1. im 18. my class has to do a project about anything about health. Enviroment , Health , soil , food ect. i have great passion about industrial hemp and cannabis. i have great knowledge in it. it could save our planet. it makes plastics , paper , biofuels , lotion's , shampoo's , Rope and many other uses. i am going to have a powerpoint presentation. how should i center the project on because there's so many things i could talk on it. should i tell how it became illegal. or the uses that will be a lot healthier for our earth and could replace almost every synthetic materials on planet earth. will the class be interested. will the teacher get angry?

2. how is hemp realated to health that makes no sense

3. Enviromental health

climate

soil

we are allowed to go to these subjects

and its pertains to health to omega 3's and omega 8's are high in hemp seeds

hemp lotion cures excema

better air quality with houses made with hemp

4. Nah, don't do it on hemp.

5. I'd say make it lean more on industrial hemp. Because if you start going to "weed should be legal it doesn't hurt anything, its just a plant." Your teacher is going to shut you down.

6. hemp = industrial hemp LoL

you would know it if you just read the post

7. Give all the details on it, good and bad. Keep it organized and professional. I hope you open some minds and goodluck.

8. This is exactly why you SHOULD do your project on it. People do not understand all the properties hemp and hemp seeds provide, Not even the tokers themselves.

Funny enough they were talking about hemp seeds on the morning news today. Everyone on the show was agianst it for reasons like "Marijuana already give you the munchies if we put hemp oil and seeds in our food we will make our children fatter than they already are". I actually toke the time to message in.....Such disinformation.

9. I did my environmental speech on hemp.
    1) Cleans our air
    2) Hemp can be converted into many different textiles
    3) Can be converted to ethonol for fuel

Just a few examples to talk about. Theres plenty more where that came from:D

Good Luck:smoke:

10. I like how (I admit little research has been done so far) hemp oil and seeds are a more healthy alternative to all other oil and seed products when cooking(Of course to classify as hemp it has to be less than 0.3% thc so it will not give any effects off).

11. #11 Wykyd_Green, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2011
    Are you fucking kidding me?

The hemp seed is the best source for protein there is on this planet plus you get all 5 of the the essential amino and fatty acids. Something I bet less than 1% of us here at grasscity get in our diets.

I would center it around, well the health aspects. Like I wrote above hemp seed is the best source of protein on this planet, and I am sure your teacher would love to hear about the essential amino and fatty acids. Then go into bio fuels and hemp homes? Cleaner air, homes are mold more mold resistant and eco friendly... I could go on and on, but you get the picture I hope this helps.

12. Make sure that you clarify that your talking about legal industrial hemp in the presentation.

Also i add a section on how hemp is a great converter of CO2 to oxygen, environmental benefits and such.

As long as you actually take the time to research and put together a solid presentation you'll be fine. Don't mention that pot is illegal or anything disputing that.

13. no it isn't.

Hemp has many uses and benefits but that isn't true.

14. Yea it's the second highest behind soy beans ;)

Of the 3-million plus edible plants that grow on Earth, no other single plant source can compare with the nutritional value of hempseeds. Both the complete protein and the essential oils contained in hempseeds are in ideal ratios for human nutrition. Only soybeans contain a higher percentage of protein. However, the composition of the protein in hempseed is unique in the vegetable kingdom. Sixty-five percent of the protein content in hempseed is in the form of globulin edestin.1 (The word “edestin” comes from the Greek “edestos,” meaning edible.)

The Book « JackHerer.com

15. So actually it is the best plant source just not as high of percent

16. Also make it very clear with scientific facts how hemp does not and can not get you high. That is there only real argument they can cling to.

17. Yea it reminds me of this debate I got into with a guy and he said it became illegal because sailors would smoke the rope and get high lol

18. Yeah dude for sure, good idea!

19. I had a friend try and smoke his hemp shirt one desperate teenage day. Good times....lol

20. Hemp seed taste like bird feed