Should I defoliate/trim?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Hammerback972, Sep 21, 2018.

1. I have a few Jack Herer autos in a cheap tent/light setup. I had done some research that most people recommended that autos not be topped due to their short lifespan, and it would stress a plant with such a short life cycle, a few people said topping, LST, wouldn’t hinder the plant much. Since I had four, I decided to top one, as an experiment. She responded as expected and is a bushy little girl, I also began LST early in her life, and she has numerous bud sites, and I’ve avoided trimming any leaves, because I’ve read on here and other places to not trim. I’ve tucked all I can, and there is so many leaves it’s shading the bud sites. Should I thin the leaves out? Thanks! [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I think there is no need for that.

Every grower prefers it differently. I would say its okey like that, but someone might say trim it. You may could trim the fan leaves or the leaves that cover bud sites.

But i would just leave it just like that :)

3. Thank you very much for your input! I’ve been on the fence about it, and refuse to ask any of my “friends”, asked a fella for some advice on an outdoor plant, 2 weeks later, guess what? Yeah, 7 or 8 plants walked off. Lesson learned.

4. Back off nutes, specifically N .
    You don’t really have that much to tri
    NIX the trim [​IMG]m

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lmao! Thanks for the input. I think on this one I was in a pinch and had to use miracle grow soil. Trying an indoor grow was a spur of the moment thing, and I wasn’t able to work in FFOF or other good soil into my budget. I’ve read on creating your own soil, but I’ve yet to tackle that task. All I’ve given her is rainwater, one of the other Jacks is identical in color, another one went from the dark green to a very light, almost lime green. I’m sure it’s a deficiency, just not sure what?

• Like Like x 1
  6. It’s Nitrogen toxicity, dark green leaves.
    Just water
    Ph??
    Also two words. Fox farms Happy Frog
    30% perlite
    [​IMG]you can’t miss, those bottle nutes are ph perfect
    Cal-Mag 1tsp per gallon water every water!
    Works for me[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 1
  7. A nice light green is what you want, you don’t want the leaves as dark of a green as you have there that means too
    much nitrogen which will actually lower bud production.